Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/20/2007, 09:25 PM   #1
lessans
Registered Member

I found some weird looking molusk or whatever it is. Please help me id this thing.

It's really hard to see b/c it's behind a rock, but I see these tentacle like appendages that extend and retract often. I know this, it's not an urchin.

I also need to identify a certain kind of snail. I have a ton of these snails that are like .25" long and look like conchs. BTW, they are hitch hikers. They move very quickly relative to their size. I guess you could say they move as fast as a 1" turbo snail, but relate the speed and size of the turbo snail to these quarter inch snails. They have an appendage that sticks out in front that appears to be a feeler of some sort. Any ideas on either of my UMs (unidentified molusks)?

Current Tank Info: current tank: 20 gal reef; former tanks: 65 gal reef, 10 gal freshwater
lessans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2007, 09:32 PM   #2
everl0ng
Registered Member

pictures would be VERY helpful if you have any, but until then it's pretty much a guessing game unless this site helps you: melev's reef
goodluck!!

Current Tank Info: Mixed NC24
everl0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2007, 10:13 PM   #3
lessans
Registered Member

Sounds like I may have whelks because when I was feeding my fish earlier some squid was never eaten and was just on the substrate. Within a minute two of these mollusks I described had walked to the squid chunk and I guess they started to eat it.

Current Tank Info: current tank: 20 gal reef; former tanks: 65 gal reef, 10 gal freshwater
lessans is offline   Reply With Quote