Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/31/2007, 04:54 AM   #1
lejoey
Registered Member

Question Ati Bubble Master 200

Hello,

I wished to replace my scummer H&S 150F2001 by an ATI BUBBLE MASTER 200. Have experiences with this scummer?

Is it good for my volume (142gal)

Thanks for your help,
Joey

Current Tank Info: Tank 142gallon with H&S 150f2001 skimmer, HQI 2X250W + 2XT5 54W Actinic, Wavemaker Stream 6000 + 2X 7400/2 on Multicontroller 7095
lejoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Freds
Registered Member

I do, I love it. There are a few threads on here talking about it. Pics of mine in action are below, at the bottom of the page:
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ighlight=fritz

I think it is good for 142 gallons, some would say to go to the 250. IME the 200 is almost too much for my 100 gallons of system volume. I am heavy stocked and feed heavy and it seems to me that I just hit its baseline nutrient level. ATI stated not to go oversized on these as to do so can lead to a situation whereby once the skimmer catches up to your tank you don't hit the baseline nutrient level that it needs to skim efficiently. That of course leads to:
"After 6 weeks it's not skimming anymore! The neck just gets dirty but no skimmate! I cleaned it etc. but it won't skim, this sucks!"

The truth is this person bought way too big a skimmer for their tank.

Freds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Freds
Registered Member

Oh also, my skimmer doesn't pull like that anymore. Now that it caught up to my tank it pulls 1/3 that in three days.

Freds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2007, 09:40 AM   #4
klam114
Moved On

Yes, for 142g tank, te best fit is BM200.

Freds, BM200 for 100g is oversized, but there isn't anything smaller at this time. I had my generation 1 tuned down a little bit by my skimmer dealer as well as he tuned down his own display BM220 for his 100g reef. Once tuned down, it works great and consistently week after week. I'm sure that you may have seen one of the photos I posted on my skimmer dealer's BM200.

klam114 is offline   Reply With Quote