Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/01/2007, 06:45 PM   #1
happy_valley
Registered Member

lobophyllia hemprichii

hiya folks,

does anybody have a picture of their lobophyllia hemprichii they can post for me? i havent seen one and was just wondering what it looked like. also if you could tell a lil about tending for one.

sorry if this is in wrong post and have a great day=)

thnx,

happy_valley

happy_valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Bcollins111900
Registered Member.

Not a direct pic but it is the red one in the upper left corner. They are pretty easy to care for. They can be kept under PC lighting to metal halides. They are more of a low flow coral. Photosynthetic but benifit from spot feeding of meaty food such as mysis and cyclopeeze.

[IMG][/IMG]

Current Tank Info: 285 Gal Display 500 gallons total, Reeflo Orca 250 Pro, GEO 624 Calc. Reactor, Dual GEO Reactors, Dual 400W Halides, LPS/Zoa Dominated
Bcollins111900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2007, 09:51 PM   #3
Caleb Kruse
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bcollins111900
Not a direct pic but it is the red one in the upper left corner. They are pretty easy to care for. They can be kept under PC lighting to metal halides. They are more of a low flow coral. Photosynthetic but benifit from spot feeding of meaty food such as mysis and cyclopeeze.
What he said, here's some pictures

My full lobophyllia

and a closeup

Caleb Kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2007, 03:55 AM   #4
flipteg
Registered Member

here is my single polyp lobophyllia...

during lights out...

flipteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2007, 09:36 AM   #5
happy_valley
Registered Member

thank you so much for the fantastic pics=)

do you have to spot feed because it looks like they have a mouth looking slit on some of the pics? also do you like to have them middle of the tank or sand? just trying to get important info on first hand experiences before running off and snagging one of these gorgeous specimens=)

thanx for the pics,

happy_valley

Unread 11/02/2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Bcollins111900
Registered Member.

I keep mine in the rock work up at the top of my tank. You can keep them in the sand as well I just like them in the rocks asteticaly and my sand bed has alot of corals on it that need to be in the sand. You can spot feed but it is not required.

Current Tank Info: 285 Gal Display 500 gallons total, Reeflo Orca 250 Pro, GEO 624 Calc. Reactor, Dual GEO Reactors, Dual 400W Halides, LPS/Zoa Dominated
Bcollins111900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2007, 10:58 AM   #7
happy_valley
Registered Member

hey thnx for the info! im looking at all of the lfs and only found 2 but not sure if they're very healthy compared to looking the pics on this post.

one is a suttle red color but has white clamy looking stuff stringing out of it...the other is at the lfs that everybody has nothing good to say about=( it doesnt look to bad but just not sure if i wanna spend 70bucks on it...kind of drab and i think thats a lil over priced!?!?!

not sure what you folks paid but out of my price range for that!

thanx again and keep suggestions coming,

happy_valley