Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 05/01/2015, 08:17 AM   #51
Reef Reactor
Registered Member
 
Reef Reactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mexico city
Posts: 221
I can help. What do you need? Old school, but I am using a complete ac3 with all modules on my system and dont need to go to apex by the $$ and cover all what I need.


Reef Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2015, 09:35 AM   #52
acer
Registered Member
 
acer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pittsburgh,pa
Posts: 2,472
LOL- Just trying to remember the equipment what what it does. Wish I had some instructions- I think I knew this when I bought the stuff, but because I never used it, I am pretty clueless now.

1) Can it monitor PH ( it has a PH probe input)? So just plug in a PH probe and hit the select button until it comes to the PH and then it displays the PH? How to calibrate or is this self explanatory once I plug in the unit and select PH. Will any PH probe work - or are there specific AC3/Neptune type of probes needed?

2) Does it control pumps, etc. I think i remember the pump control = on/off via the DC8 plugs.

3) I assume it does the same for lights = on/off via the DC8.

4) AUTO top off +/or dose with kalk water via float switch via on/off DC8 plug

5) The Temp port seems to be a phone line input- how do you use this?

Once I know the capabilities I can then figure out the programming works.

Do I run an the Ethernet cable or a different much longer cat5 cable from the unit to my router or do I run it to a PC/laptop in order to interface with the unit and program and monitor remotely?

Sorry to be a pain. I am also searching and reading AC3 info all over the internet to try and remember how to use this. I know at one time this was the latest and greatest.

Edit- Found and downloaded owners manual



Last edited by acer; 05/01/2015 at 10:15 AM.
acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2015, 11:19 AM   #53
Reef Reactor
Registered Member
 
Reef Reactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mexico city
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
LOL- Just trying to remember the equipment what what it does. Wish I had some instructions- I think I knew this when I bought the stuff, but because I never used it, I am pretty clueless now.

1) Can it monitor PH ( it has a PH probe input)? So just plug in a PH probe and hit the select button until it comes to the PH and then it displays the PH? How to calibrate or is this self explanatory once I plug in the unit and select PH. Will any PH probe work - or are there specific AC3/Neptune type of probes needed?
yes it can monitor ph. You need tonfollow the instructions about how to calibrate the probe and then program it. Very useful to control a ca reactor.
Quote:
2) Does it control pumps, etc. I think i remember the pump control = on/off via the DC8 plugs.

3) I assume it does the same for lights = on/off via the DC8.
Yes for both
Quote:
4) AUTO top off +/or dose with kalk water via float switch via on/off DC8 plug
Yes, but you need to connect the float switch by the breakout box
Quote:
5) The Temp port seems to be a phone line input- how do you use this?
The temp probe has the phone line at the end of the cable, you just need to connect the temp probe to the controller and thats it. I think it does not need calibrarion.
Quote:
Once I know the capabilities I can then figure out the programming works.

Do I run an the Ethernet cable or a different much longer cat5 cable from the unit to my router or do I run it to a PC/laptop in order to interface with the unit and program and monitor remotely?
Both of them can works. I have access to my ac3 by any device on my LAN by wifi and I configure it to send me an email if something needs my attention.
Quote:
Sorry to be a pain. I am also searching and reading AC3 info all over the internet to try and remember how to use this. I know at one time this was the latest and greatest.

Edit- Found and downloaded owners manual
I can recommend to download the kenargo simulator. It permits you to save your configuration on your pc and permits to keep comments on your code. Permits simulate and validate the code and import and export to your ac3. Very useful tool.
If you need more assistance including code, let me know.

Good luck!


Reef Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2015, 02:05 PM   #54
acer
Registered Member
 
acer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pittsburgh,pa
Posts: 2,472
OK at work now - Found Kenargo simulator website and send the link to my home email. THanks.

I need to take the time to hook up the Ethernet cable to a laptop and to try to connect to it to see if it works or not. I don't have the Aqua-notes even.

Thanks for clearing up the temp probe stuff. I did confirm that any PH probe will work- I have a Pinpoint monitor that can use the probe if I cant get the AC3 up and running.


acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2015, 03:04 PM   #55
Reef Reactor
Registered Member
 
Reef Reactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mexico city
Posts: 221
Dont worry, you do not need aquanotes. Kenargo simulator is more than enough.


Reef Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014