Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/08/2008, 10:10 AM   #1
ReefHog
Registered Member

T5 Duel water proof end caps

I am looking for dual water proof end caps like the one below for my DIY lighting. Does anyone know where they sell this type? All I see is the single endcaps.

ReefHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2008, 10:22 AM   #2
dzeadow
Premium Member

aquacave

http://www.aquacave.com/searchresult...CategoryID=429

Current Tank Info: Dual 50 Breeder system, 30g custom sump/fuge, MSX200, Tank1-6x24T5 retro, Tank2-4x39T5 retro
dzeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2008, 11:38 AM   #3
DarG
Registered Member

Those are complete units with ballast built in. The regular single endcaps and mounts are sized such that if they are mounted right next to each other, there is just enough room to mount the icecap SLR reflectors side by side. I should say that the Icecap SLR's are sized perfectly to fit side by side when the endcap mounts are mounted right next to each other (touching). What I am driving at is that having a dual endcap wont save any space over using singles because of the width of the reflectors (Icecap SLR's). The TEK II's are wider. There are som generic reflectors that are a little narrower but still, having dual endcaps wouldnt save much room even with those.

This may not be why you need dual endcaps but thought I would mention it in case you didnt consider the reflector width.

DarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2008, 04:27 PM   #4
ReefHog
Registered Member

I like the way the duel end cap has only one mounting point for two reasons. One is that it would make for a more clean look. Also, it seems like there would be more area above the lamps for the heat to rise making it easier to remove. Since I already have the IC ballasts so I don't want to have to buy the whole retro kit. Thanks for the reply though. I do appreciate your input.

ReefHog is offline   Reply With Quote