Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/27/2008, 07:59 PM   #1
bteagle93
Registered Member

stocking plans..

hey guys, im in the midst of placing a 75 gallon in my basement wall. heres my stockign list so far:
1 yellow tang
1 kole tang
(1 of the tangs will be trasnfered to a buddys tank when they become too big for both in the tank)
2 ocellaris clowns
1 humbug damsel
1 long finned sleeper goby
1 neon goby
5 blue/green chromis

Sound good? i wanted to add a six line wrasse or a flame pygmy, but i wasnt sure if it was already stocked enough. any suggestions?

bteagle93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Craig Lambert
Premium Member

Sounds a bit over stocked to me. My 75G has 5 fish and the largest is a flame angel. I would nix the yellow tang, and if you must have a tang stick with the kole. I would also pass on the damsel. Most everyone who has one wishes they had never put it in the tank. Then I would cut the number of chromis to two or maybe 3. I would add these slowly with the tang going in last. JMO.

Current Tank Info: 75G Tank, 29G Sump, 100lbs LR, AquaC EV-180, Iwaki MD-20RT return Tunze nano streams 4X54 t-5/Icecap Ballast & SLR's 2x110 vho actinic
Craig Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2008, 08:33 PM   #3
bteagle93
Registered Member

allright..
im gonna go with"
kole
yellow
2 clowns
3 blue green chromis
sleeper goby
neon goby

one of the tangs will be moved once they grow to large.

Unread 01/27/2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Craig Lambert
Premium Member

Just keep in mind that one may unrelentingly harass and or injure the other from the moment they are introduced to the tank.

Current Tank Info: 75G Tank, 29G Sump, 100lbs LR, AquaC EV-180, Iwaki MD-20RT return Tunze nano streams 4X54 t-5/Icecap Ballast & SLR's 2x110 vho actinic
Craig Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2008, 08:47 PM   #5
bteagle93
Registered Member

well actually i have the two tangs in quarentine right now, and theres no problems so far. soo we'll just wait and
see.