Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Indiana Marine Aquarium Society (NIMAS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/12/2008, 07:52 AM   #1
bigevill1
Big and Evil

Region rats look here

In our effort to form a new reefing club in Northwest Indiana we are taking over the unused forums here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=267

Please join us there in making a new lively community for those reefers who live too far away to take advantage of the CMAS or NIMAS functions. This cannot work with out enough people to make it go so lets see you over there. It doesnt mean you have to stop looking here either. I know I will still check here to see what is going on Happy reefing!

Current Tank Info: 210 gal mixed reef
bigevill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2008, 11:58 AM   #2
bklynmet
Registered Member

NIMAS can be found here.

Current Tank Info: 75g, 16g Lifereef sump w/ Lifereef VS2-24 mag 7 return, 6x54w T5, Separate 20g RR Oceanic w/ 10g Sump, Separate 4g office pico tank
bklynmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2008, 12:32 PM   #3
bigevill1
Big and Evil

Yes we are aware of that. This post is for people who are not close to the areas where most of your functions occur and may want to be aware that a new club is in the formation process that they may want to look into.

Unread 02/12/2008, 09:36 PM   #4
bklynmet
Registered Member

then IMO, if you're trying to define a separate group, you shouldn't use NIMAS forum becuase it is not active here on RC... NIMAS is a specific group with members that have been part of it since it was created over 5 years ago... NIMAS has meetings and members in the group hail from all over northern Indiana and lower Michigan - from Ft Wayne to Scherreville, Niles to Rochester, South Bend to Valparaiso...

Do not get me wrong, I have no problem with you trying to form a group and trying to get get members from NIMAS involved... I think that is cool... but using existing group forums to promote a new group will only create confusion...

by the way, I clicked the link but it doesn't lead to anywhere specific... is is a typo?

Current Tank Info: 75g, 16g Lifereef sump w/ Lifereef VS2-24 mag 7 return, 6x54w T5, Separate 20g RR Oceanic w/ 10g Sump, Separate 4g office pico tank
Unread 02/13/2008, 06:36 AM   #5
jonnyringo
Premium Member

Not to be rude but pirating forums is not cool, if you guys want to start up your own club thats great, but please go through the appropriate lines to get your own forum and such.

jonnyringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2008, 07:14 AM   #6
bigevill1
Big and Evil

We are using a forum that has not been posted in for over 60 days. My post here is just a link so that people in our area are made aware that we are starting something new. We are not pirating your forum, only using ONE post here to spread the word. You guys are over reacting.

Lets see if this link works:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=267

Unread 02/13/2008, 07:18 AM   #7
jonnyringo
Premium Member

sorry i missed that first link, my bad.

jonnyringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2008, 07:28 AM   #8
bklynmet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigevill
We are using a forum that has not been posted in for over 60 days. My post here is just a link so that people in our area are made aware that we are starting something new. We are not pirating your forum, only using ONE post here to spread the word. You guys are over reacting.

Lets see if this link works:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=267
yep.. that link works...