Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > International Club Forums > Bermuda Marine Aquarium Club (BMAC)
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/28/2008, 04:07 PM   #1
BdaSquid
Registered Member

Smile LionFish Hunt

A well-known acronym Bermuda is KBB which stands for Keep Bermuda Beautiful. This slogan is for the land, the air and seas. For the seas, lionfish are a real threat to many of the reef champions. The cleaners, grazers and others that grow up to serve as a good food source for us, will get relief.

See the lweb ink of engagement here - http://www.bermudasun.org/main.asp?S...rticleID=37707

Current Tank Info: 30G - 2 X96W Compact Lighting (Daylight + Actinic), Red Sea Prizm Skimmer, 2 Powerheads, 2 backup Penn-Plax air pumps - Spanish Hogfish, Blue Tang, Ocean Surgeon, Flamefish.
BdaSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2008, 05:45 PM   #2
BdaSquid
Registered Member

Angry On the Hook?

Yes, lionfish are being caught with hook and line in our waters! I hear the smaller guys are in the "shallows" ( I have seen one in less than 15 feet of water). I hear the larger ones are at 10 fathom depths. In days gone by, I've hooked a 4 foot shark, a large eel and a lobster in a boat at night. It's a weird feeling to see the unexpected specimen surfacing. So, what would you do if you see an 18 inch lion-fish on the end of your 30 lbs. test reel?

Current Tank Info: 30G - 2 X96W Compact Lighting (Daylight + Actinic), Red Sea Prizm Skimmer, 2 Powerheads, 2 backup Penn-Plax air pumps - Spanish Hogfish, Blue Tang, Ocean Surgeon, Flamefish.
BdaSquid is offline   Reply With Quote