Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/26/2008, 04:25 PM   #1
Susie921
Registered Member

Question 6 line wrasse and short spined sea urchin

Hi, everyone.

I am taking over a 75 gallon saltwater reef tank for my son while he is away in college. I have been working with him on this tank for the past 5 years. He has just put in several weeks ago our only fish---easier without them. And, I am concerned because I have read the 6 line wrasse may eat sea urchins. We have had a short spine sea urchin for the past 5 years. I am wondering if the urchin will be fine or not. That is the question.

I appreciate any assistance.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon reef tank with frogspawn, open brain, umbrella xenia, tiny acroporo frag, starburst, polyp and mushrooms. 6 line wrasse, short spine sea urchin for past 5 years, linkia star and cleaner crew working hard
Susie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2008, 04:46 PM   #2
rldavisou
Moved On

Nope, the urchin should be fine. A six-line wrasse is a very good choice. They tend to be hardy and will rid your tank of pest worms. They make excellent reef fish.

rldavisou is offline   Reply With Quote