Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/15/2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Daren
Premium Member

Help with BM 250 Adjustment!

Hello,
I have a 210 reef and have been using a BM 250 skimmer. It is one of the original models with the riser tube that can adjust up and down. I recently installed a gate valve and changed the mesh on the wheels. This skimmer has never performed they way it should. My tank load is light with just a few fish and 100 lbs live rock. I have tried adjusting foirm one extreme to the next and it does not perform the way I feel it should. I have it in 7 1/2 inches of water in the sump. Does anyone have this same setup as me with the adjustable outlet and they gate valve installed? If so how many turns do you have the valve turned, do you have the riser tube all the way or down. Any help is appreciated. Im just about to say the heck with it and put it up for sell and order a bubble king.

Thanks,
Daren Brantley

Daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2008, 05:38 PM   #2
moonlightxpress
Registered Member

bubble king bubble king bubble king...sold my elos sump just so that i can get a bubble king..

moonlightxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2008, 05:46 PM   #3
sjm817
On Yer left!

I had a BM250 that I think was the same generation as yours. It had the T output that goes up and down and a wingnut to tighten it? I never modified this output as it worked very well the way it was. Mine was maybe 1/2 way up. I set it so the large bubbles broke ~ 1/2 way up the neck into the cup.

Unread 09/16/2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Daren
Premium Member

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks Daren

Daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2008, 07:26 AM   #5
boydx6
Premium Member

I did the gate valve mod on mine as well but it seems to work better without the gate valve for some reason. I am still fooling with it but will probably leave it off.

boydx6 is offline   Reply With Quote