Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Drs. Foster & Smith/LiveAquaria.com > Drs. Foster & Smith Aquatic Supplies
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/05/2009, 11:26 AM   #1
jmccown
Registered Member

Complaint! Been trying to place order for almost 3 weeks

OK, first of all I placed an order for some salt and some seaweed salad on December 20th. Order # N9854476. I paid for the items with a Visa gift card that I received from my work as a Christmas gift. The card had $175 on it and my order was much less than that. The next day I get an email saying that my order couldn't be processed. So I call customer service and the lady said she didn't know what the problem was and I gave her the card number again, she said the system took the number and that was all I heard for a couple of days. When I hadn't received an email confirmation of my order again I called back to see when the items shipped she told me the order was cancelled because the card wouldn't go through. Anyhow, I have gone through this process several times with the same result. My problem is that no one is calling me to tell me the card doesn't go through. Each time I call the CSR tells me that the system accepts the card when it is entered but then says that the system doesn't charge the card for 30 minutes or something. Anyhow, I have gotten the runaround for nearly 3 weeks. Last Friday I was on the phone for nearly 30 minutes with another CSR about the order. I told her the situation, that my card was a gift card. I even gave her an alternate credit card number to use as an alternative if that card would not work again. She said everything was okay. I call this morning and got the same result. The lady I spoke to this morning knew nothing about an alternate card number. So, somebody has my credit card information and I'm not getting what I need. I am in dire need of this salt and have passed up two opportunities to buy salt from my local fish store but keep waiting because I have this order in. I have ordered from you guys several times and have never gotten a runaround like I have gotten on this. If I do not get this resolved today I will not order from DFS again.

Former member of the "Huge tank club"

Current Tank Info: 300 Deep Dimension FOWLR
Unread 01/05/2009, 12:52 PM   #2
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

Jmccown,

Thank you for your inquiry. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. When our phone agents enter in a credit card number over the phone, they are unable to verify if the credit card is accepted as it needs to be processed first. Once the order is finalized, the agent can no longer view the entire credit card number.

We have tried to contact you several times using the phone numbers on your customer account to inform you of any troubles with your orders. Unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful. However, we were able to get a voice authorization on your order today. You should receive your items in approximately four to seven business days.

Chris C.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

Unread 01/05/2009, 01:25 PM   #3
jmccown
Registered Member

Thanks for the update. I know your records say that they tried to call, but I promise you that I only received 1 phone call/voicemail and an initial email around the time I placed the order. Everytime thereafter I had to call to check the status of the order.

Just for confirmation. The lady I talked to on Friday last week, I added some stuff to the order (from my original order). Should have been 6 boxes of the 50 gallon mix and 1 seaweed veggies.

Former member of the "Huge tank club"

Current Tank Info: 300 Deep Dimension FOWLR
Unread 01/05/2009, 02:10 PM   #4
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

Jmccown,

Thank you for your reply. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Your current order# 20068009 is for a quantity of six Instant Ocean 50 gallon mix 3-packs and one package of Green 100 ct Seaweed Salad. Please contact us with any other questions or concerns.

Chris C.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith