Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Drs. Foster & Smith/LiveAquaria.com > LiveAquaria.com
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/31/2009, 12:33 PM   #1
reef3r
Registered Member

order #A2663229

It just arrived about 20 minutes ago and everything is alive. Packaging was good, the temperature was fine. I immediately put the smails and crabs and the sixline in a bucket to drip water in. I tilted the bucket to make sure there was enough water, and the sixline kept going to the shallow end and laying on its side. Now he's swimming around at the top and it seems like he's gasping for air. I'm a little bit concerned about this, and I thought I should tell you guys. Is there anything you recommend me doing like lengthening/shortening the acclimation time? I normally drip the water in for about an hour and a half.

Unread 03/31/2009, 12:49 PM   #2
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

reef3r,

Thank you for your post. We recommend allowing as little light as possible into the container and continue the slow drip acclimation process. When you add your new Wrasse into your tank, it may be better to leave the lights off for the remainder of the day. This helps minimize the stress levels of your new specimens. We have documented your order regarding these concerns and we hope the Sixline Wrasse will pull through. Please keep us updated on its progress.

Gwen S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Unread 03/31/2009, 12:52 PM   #3
reef3r
Registered Member

He seems better already. Once the bucket got fuller, he started to swim around more and it looks like he swimming around with no rpblem and hes not gasping anymore. I dipped a cup in to take out water and he swam into the cup so I think he's just looking for someplace to hide. I will turn off the lights in the tank and find something to put over the bucket. Thanks for the quick reply.

Unread 03/31/2009, 01:05 PM   #4
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

reef3r,

Thank you for your response. It is wonderful to hear that the Sixline Wrasse is already doing better now that there is more water and a hiding spot in your acclimation container. Keeping the lights off will still make the acclimation easier on him. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact our LiveAquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699, via email at CustomerService@LiveAquaria.com, or PM us.

Gwen S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Unread 04/02/2009, 11:57 AM   #5
reef3r
Registered Member

Hi, my sixline (named Larry) is doing great. He gets along with the other fish and swims around a lot. The only problem is that he hasn't eaten much yet. He's pecked at a few small pieces of mysis shrimp but nothing else. What did you feed them at your facility?

Unread 04/02/2009, 01:04 PM   #6
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

reef3r,

Thank you for your inquiry. The Six Line Wrasse is fed Spirulina Brine Shrimp and Mysis Shrimp along with Hikari Marine A pellet food. We hope Larry will enjoy these foods while in his new home. You may want to try soaking his food in Garlic Extreme or Garlic Guard to entice him to eat. Please contact us with any other questions or concerns.

Chris C.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith