Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/10/2017, 06:04 PM   #10526
Kjosephscott
Registered Member

Please direct me to another thread or resource...

At most this thing is gone in a couple of days

Kjosephscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2017, 11:06 PM   #10527
Kjosephscott
Registered Member

OK Can anyone direct me to a more active forum.

I tried to help a friend 10 years ago and this is all I have left. Really could use some help on this.

Kjosephscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2017, 12:10 PM   #10528
Registered Member

Hello everyone,
My name is Sushant, I am a newbie in this side of the hobby, thought have kept freshwater planted tanks for many years. I recently started my first salt water tank (a 2 ft cube tank) a couple of months back which it's now cycled and have some soft corals and a couple of LPS. I plan is to slow and steady progressing in this hobby and in no hurry to stock my tank. I like to be more of a silent observer, so will be reading and understanding things before I start frequent posts.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

101010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2017, 06:59 PM   #10529
Baba Ganoush
Registered Member

Hi all!

New to the hobby, loving it. A close friends house was destroyed in the Christmas tornados in Rowlett, Texas several years ago and he needed help rescuing his fish tank. I helped him set it up at my place and babysat his collection of creatures for a few months, that was it, I was hooked!

I found a used 90G Oceanic Bowfront a few months later and it痴 been running since 9/13/17. I知 self taught, I知 read up; The New Marine Aguarium by Michael S. Paletta, and I知 digging into The Conscientous Marine Aquarist by Robert M. Fenner. I致e also centered on this community when I知 searching specific info and it has been invaluable. I知 riding the learning curve and just want someone elses input now and then and I am lacking any outside opinions.

So it痴 time to join the conversation, hope y誕ll are receptive! Can稚 wait to show off my setup. Just ask.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2017, 09:48 AM   #10530
JamesZebedee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjosephscott View Post
I tried to help a friend 10 years ago and this is all I have left. Really could use some help on this.
Hi there, I don't know if you are still around, but this is a very active forum. You just posted your question in the wrong location. Try in the corals section rather than the introductions.

JamesZebedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2017, 03:30 PM   #10531
mmx01
Registered Member

New from the UK

Hi,

I'm new to the hobby, the tank is roughly 2 months old, nano cube 16g. Two clown fish, one LPS (Torch) and one softy (Leather).

Regards,
Mariusz

mmx01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #10532
SimplyMikeC
Registered Member

Smile New guy in PA

Hello, name's Mike and I am new to Reef tanks and anything Salt water related.

I have always wanted to do a Reef tank. As a little kid in Cali in the late 70's early 80's my dad had a salt water tank where he seemed emphasized about how tedious, time consuming, and expensive the hobby was. Growing up as a military brat and spending most of my later life in military or just moving around I never felt comfortable investing in a reef tank. Now that I own a beautiful house here in PA and settled down I feel I am ready to embark on a new journey.

Over the past 30 years I have had many fresh water aquariums from 10 gallons to 200 gallons. Have done community tanks, African & South American cichlid tanks, plant tanks, a piranha tank and everything in between with varying results from amazing to downright catastrophic! Every tank was a new learning experience. SO with all that being said I know I am coming into a whole new field with 0 experience. If anything all that previous knowledge will most likely lead me to asking even more questions and possibly unlearning some old habits.

I do not own a tank at the moment other then the 20 gallon cichlid tank I have been teaching the little ones with. I do not want a traditional long narrow tank like my old 6" 150 & 200 gallon tanks, but rather something deeper both in height and depth rather than width starting around 150gallons. IMO I like the roomier look/feel they have.

I have always done most of my own fabrications so when the time comes, I might do a build thread. Until then I hope to talk to many of you around the forum and any suggestions or recommendations are always appreciated. Thank you

Mike

SimplyMikeC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain coral, new member, sick coral