Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/02/2009, 02:06 PM   #1
IFbettas
Registered Member

Wrong Wrasse Received

I ordered 3 wrasses from you and got them today. The problem is the "tonozukai" I ordered looks way more like a filamentosus. The dorsal fin does not have the larger front part that the male tonozukais are supposed to have. It has the blue throat that filamentosus has. I'm wondering if you can confirm that it is indeed a tonozukai or not. I will upload a picture later tonight. When the tonozukais are showing stress coloration do their throats turn blue? Thanks.

Unread 12/02/2009, 02:26 PM   #2
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update. We'll gladly take a look for you. The best thing to do though is to email customerservice@bluezooaquatics.com and send any pictures there. Things will get handled much more quickly that way. Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2009, 02:29 PM   #3
IFbettas
Registered Member

Ok. Thanks for the really quick response. I'll email some pics once I can get them.

Unread 12/02/2009, 03:41 PM   #4
IFbettas
Registered Member

My email isn't working right now for some reason so I'll post the picture here.

As you can see, it has the dorsal fin of a filamentosus and also the anal fin is yellow instead of red. In a true tonozukai the front half of the dorsal fin would be raised up higher and the back half of the dorsal fin would have a couple spots on it. It is obviously in stress coloration in the picture, but I don't think the fins are suddenly going to turn red once he is feeling better. Do you know where the fish was collected? That would help in properly identifying it. Thanks.

Marcus