Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > The Filter Guys
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/26/2010, 10:17 PM   #1
godlyme
Registered Member

question on setting up

I recieved my unit today, unfortunately i have no way of hooking it up to any of my pipes. I attempted to hook up to a copper pipe like the diagram shows, but in picture 5 of the 6 it shows a tapered tube fitting bead? i cant get the hose to stay in. there is no bead any where. ? am i doing something wrong? i am putting the nut over the yellow tap water in hose, then putting it in the casing and screwing it down tight. but the hose pops right out. also thought i would have been able to hook it up to my sink, searched everywhere today for an adapter. just sucks i have to wait another week + to even get it up and running if i order one now.

Old 02/28/2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Thefilterguys
RC Sponsor

There should have been a white plastic compression bead in the bag with the saddle valve and you do need it to make things work. You can run to Home Depot in the ice maker department and find another saddle valve for the bead part. I can also ship one priority mail and it takes two days. Sorry for the slow answer I've been out of town for two days.

Jim

Phone 218 724-8000

Current Tank Info: 40 OCEANIC STRETCH HEX FRESH HEAVY PLANTED, 58 OCEANIC LPS, Monti’s ,Softy’s, 18 Nano Zoo’s , 11 Nano, 70 OCEANIC SPS New 200 Cube on the way
Thefilterguys is offline   Reply With Quote