Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Buckeye Hydro
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 07/14/2010, 12:21 AM   #1
szwab
RC Mod

Auto Shutoff valve bad or membrane

How do you know if the auto shuoff alve has gone bad? I recently replaced my sedient and carbon filter so I know they are ok. I noticed tonight that my out put is next to nothing a fast drip. Flow is the same on the out from the di and on the out from the di bypass.

My pressure is reading just under 10 normally it reads 70 when the filter is making water It is located after the membrane (I think).

I disconnected the input to the ASV and turned the water back on the flow out was strong and steady.

So is my problem the membrane or the ASV/

Thanks for the help.

Current Tank Info: AGE 240 Flatback Hex
Old 07/14/2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Buckeye Hydro
.Registered Member

Hi Mark.

Not sure how your system is plumbed (or it is one of ours?). Your pressure gauge should be reading after the last prefilter and before the membrane.

My guess is that your flush valve is open. If that's not it, could you call in when you are in front of the system and we can walk through some troubleshooting?

Russ

Old 07/15/2010, 01:37 PM   #3
szwab
RC Mod

Thanks Russ, I ended up canibalizing anauto shutoff valve from a friend's system (no longer in use) and that corrected the problem.

Current Tank Info: AGE 240 Flatback Hex