Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > The Filter Guys
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/11/2010, 03:57 PM   #1
deflux
Registered Member

Bulk GFO - Pellet vs. HC for PhosBan Reactor

Hey guys,

I have a 2LF PhosBan reactor. I was wondering if you have any experience with it and your GFO. Does the HC seems to stay put, or is it too fine for the mesh, forcing me to go with pellet?

Thanks!

deflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Thefilterguys
RC Sponsor

We recommend using our GFO and carbon in combination as the mixture gives the media more volume and you can use either HC or pellet form. If you are using the 150 reactor with GFO alone on a small tank you may not have enough media using only GFO. When using the combination in the reactor with slight surface movement you can move the reactor and notice the media appears to move in a fluid floating motion.

Jim

Phone 218 724-8000

Current Tank Info: 40 OCEANIC STRETCH HEX FRESH HEAVY PLANTED, 58 OCEANIC LPS, Monti’s ,Softy’s, 18 Nano Zoo’s , 11 Nano, 70 OCEANIC SPS New 200 Cube on the way
Thefilterguys is offline   Reply With Quote