Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/25/2012, 09:15 AM   #876
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Update...

Presenting the "DREAMscape"

I am planning to add a small "bommie" or "arch" near the middle.
What ya guys think? Any suggestions for me?

BUILDING A DREAM....SPS Dominated 105cm x 51cm x 54cm (Low Iron Belgian Glass)....Please visit my homepage for build thread.

LED Lighting (CREE Main Unit 60w x2, T5 and T8 LED tubes), LED RGB-P Light bar, DIY Sump, Bubble King 180 Gen.2 Skimmer, TECO TR15 Chiller, Sicce Multi Return pump, X-Wave Rotary Device, Vortech MP40 ES, Hydor Korallia Wavemakers(2800 x2, 4000 x2), RR Wavemaker, 2x Nano Wavemakers, SIAM Ocean Media Reactor, Kent Phosphate Reactor, 6 Stage RO/DI unit, Ginko Sea Auto-top System.

Current Tank Info: DREAM 1.0 is up and running..,DREAM 2.0 build is underway (Read on from Page 25)
Reef_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 10:16 AM   #877
rps3
Moved On

Nice rock work. Looking forward to seeing it fill up.

rps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 10:30 AM   #878
Acronic
The Fifth Master

Ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhh, looks good to me

I have lost all concept of reality and live in an SPS world now.
Acronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 10:51 AM   #879
Newbie Aquarist
Reefing is my middle name

Looks good noob. What are those lights on top? These look rather sleek.

Newbie Aquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 12:21 PM   #880
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps3 View Post
Nice rock work. Looking forward to seeing it fill up.
Hi rps3,
Thanks a lot for viewing

BUILDING A DREAM....SPS Dominated 105cm x 51cm x 54cm (Low Iron Belgian Glass)....Please visit my homepage for build thread.

LED Lighting (CREE Main Unit 60w x2, T5 and T8 LED tubes), LED RGB-P Light bar, DIY Sump, Bubble King 180 Gen.2 Skimmer, TECO TR15 Chiller, Sicce Multi Return pump, X-Wave Rotary Device, Vortech MP40 ES, Hydor Korallia Wavemakers(2800 x2, 4000 x2), RR Wavemaker, 2x Nano Wavemakers, SIAM Ocean Media Reactor, Kent Phosphate Reactor, 6 Stage RO/DI unit, Ginko Sea Auto-top System.

Current Tank Info: DREAM 1.0 is up and running..,DREAM 2.0 build is underway (Read on from Page 25)
Unread 09/25/2012, 12:22 PM   #881
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acronic View Post
Ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhh, looks good to me
Thanks Kevin,
Glad ya like it

Unread 09/25/2012, 12:27 PM   #882
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie Aquarist View Post
Looks good noob. What are those lights on top? These look rather sleek.
Hi Newbie Aquarist,
Thanks a lot for viewing. The lights are the Eco Lamps KR93SP... Blue channel on.

Unread 09/25/2012, 02:09 PM   #883
rlpardue
Registered Member

I've just spent the last two hours reading through all 36 pages of your thread... I'm simply speechless. You've managed to push the envelope in several areas, but I'm particularly impressed with the aesthetics of the final setup, and how you actually planned it all beforehand down to a T. I suppose the sophisticated planning was what made the final product so fantastic. My SPS tank is cursed with electrical cords and salt creep on the outside (but beautiful on the inside). I'm currently planning an upgrade to a 150g from a 75g; your thread has given me a sense of the possible scope for planning the exterior aesthetics. Fantastic job! I can't wait to see the system with corals beginning to grow in.

rlpardue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 11:36 PM   #884
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpardue View Post
I've just spent the last two hours reading through all 36 pages of your thread... I'm simply speechless. You've managed to push the envelope in several areas, but I'm particularly impressed with the aesthetics of the final setup, and how you actually planned it all beforehand down to a T. I suppose the sophisticated planning was what made the final product so fantastic. My SPS tank is cursed with electrical cords and salt creep on the outside (but beautiful on the inside). I'm currently planning an upgrade to a 150g from a 75g; your thread has given me a sense of the possible scope for planning the exterior aesthetics. Fantastic job! I can't wait to see the system with corals beginning to grow in.
Hello rlpardue,
Thanks a lot for the kind words and also taking the time to go thru my journey.
It really is quite inspirational when peers recognize ones effort and it is fuel for my reefing passion. Thanks a lot for that.
I'm humbled to know that my setup could inspire you and best of luck on your new upgrade.

Unread 09/26/2012, 10:46 AM   #885
adddo
“Goodnight, tiny humans.”

Looks awesome!

//Bjarne
adddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2012, 12:16 PM   #886
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpardue View Post
Sorry rlpardue the "thumbs down" was by mistake. I apologize for that. Thanks again for your kind words

Unread 09/26/2012, 12:17 PM   #887
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adddo View Post
Looks awesome!
Hello adddo,
Thanks a lot.

Unread 09/26/2012, 01:07 PM   #888
geaux xman
Registered Member

Very nice, but I think you forgot to add corals and fish...

That light unit looks like the rolex of LED's.

This build makes me wants to turn my 180g starphire rimless FOWLR into a reef.

Unread 09/26/2012, 03:26 PM   #889
SaltwaterAdict
Moved On

I'm in love with that aquascape! Incredible! Your build is looking top shelf.

SaltwaterAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2012, 06:58 PM   #890
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Beautiful buddy, congrats on getting some water in there. Don't add anything, looks perfect just like that.

Current Tank Info: Leemar 60x36x24, 8x80 T5/LED Sfiligoi GENESIS Alpha 300 skimmer
aquaph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2012, 12:20 AM   #891
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux xman View Post
Very nice, but I think you forgot to add corals and fish...

That light unit looks like the rolex of LED's.

This build makes me wants to turn my 180g starphire rimless FOWLR into a reef.
Hi geaux xman,
Thanks a lot for goin thru my thread.
Yep corals and fish.....forcibly being patient here
These EcoLamps are truly well built and looks sleek like a hovering space ship.
I'm really unable to capture the true to eye colour of the tank with my camera. I'm gonna need to do lots of trail n error with camera settings to get it right.

Go ahead turn ur tank into a reef, your fishes will say thank you for sure

Unread 09/27/2012, 12:28 AM   #892
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterAdict View Post
I'm in love with that aquascape! Incredible! Your build is looking top shelf.
Hi SaltwaterAdict,
Thanks a lot for the kind words
I'm glad ya like my scape.
I wanted to create something that looked natural and seamless with rocks blending in as a single unit.
I hope I did justice to the minimalistic theme??

Unread 09/27/2012, 12:30 AM   #893
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaph8 View Post
Beautiful buddy, congrats on getting some water in there. Don't add anything, looks perfect just like that.
Hi Brett,
Thanks a lot bro.
Ya, finally, some water in

Unread 09/27/2012, 12:47 AM   #894
aquariumclowner
Registered Member

Really nice aquascape. Thanks for sharing.

aquariumclowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2012, 09:07 AM   #895
yano
Registered Member

Great aquascaping...the better start now!

Unread 09/27/2012, 12:14 PM   #896
Flagswipe
Registered Member

I dont comment alot on other people's systems/aquascaping because I have a very odd maybe OCD view on rockwork. I think it should be a centerpiece, something to display your pieces so they jump out at you. But....

Congratulations! I think you have done a wonderful job on this, I would be proud if I was able to come up with this in my own tank! Add nothing else in my opinion, it will grow in eventually. Having some separation with some nice sand and negative space really pleases the eye and will highlight the pieces you put in there.

When I get tired of my current tank I will tear it down, add a few pieces of rock and leave it completely open. Choose 12 of my favorite SPS, add some chalice and LPS and let it grow.

Nice work

Dwayne

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2012, 10:08 PM   #897
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumclowner View Post
Really nice aquascape. Thanks for sharing.
Hi aquariumclowner,
Thanks a lot for visiting my thread and also for the kind words.

Unread 09/27/2012, 10:12 PM   #898
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yano View Post
Great aquascaping...the better start now!
Hi yano,
Thanks a lot bro and for the encouraging words

Unread 09/27/2012, 10:27 PM   #899
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagswipe View Post
I dont comment alot on other people's systems/aquascaping because I have a very odd maybe OCD view on rockwork. I think it should be a centerpiece, something to display your pieces so they jump out at you. But....

Congratulations! I think you have done a wonderful job on this, I would be proud if I was able to come up with this in my own tank! Add nothing else in my opinion, it will grow in eventually. Having some separation with some nice sand and negative space really pleases the eye and will highlight the pieces you put in there.

When I get tired of my current tank I will tear it down, add a few pieces of rock and leave it completely open. Choose 12 of my favorite SPS, add some chalice and LPS and let it grow.

Nice work

Dwayne
Hello Dwayne,
Thanks buddy for the kind words and for posting your unique views.
I totally agree with what you have said. The corals should be the dominant display in a tank than the rock work...I share that point of view.
I am extremely humbled that you like my scaping attempt and thankful for the encouragement from you.
With this system I want to replicate something that looks as natural as possible. I hope I can. It's easier said than done and only time will tell.
Thanks again for viewing my thread and for the suggestions.

Unread 09/27/2012, 10:39 PM   #900
chingchai
Premium Member

Anup. I love your aquascape except the right column.

chingchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble king skimmer, reef_noob, sps tank build