Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/27/2011, 12:57 PM   #1
ReeferBill
Registered Member

Unhappy Help!!!!How to get rid of tiny bubbles?

I made a sray bar out of 3/4 inch pvc pipe and now I have tiny air bubbles mixed in my disply tank. ...What can I use to stop or baffle or deflect the bubbles from getting everywhere? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Old 09/27/2011, 05:39 PM   #2
marc18wheeler
Moved On

they are likely coming up from your sump or a small leak in your plumbing

marc18wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 06:06 PM   #3
rehab
Registered Member

Do you run a skimmer? My skimmer spit out quite a few micro bubbles that make it back into the main tank.

rehab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 06:44 AM   #4
wildman926
Registered Member

What is your spray bar attached to? Your return pump, or another type of pump? I use spray bars on both of my tanks, with them pointing up to agitate the surface water. However, they are low flowing, 150gph, that feed my uv sterilizers. If you have yours on your return pump, try rotating it downward, or put it lower in the water. Hope this helps.

wildman926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 05:05 PM   #5
ReeferBill
Registered Member

Red face Bubbles?

The spray bar is attached to the overflow from my refugium that is fed by a mag 7 pump inside my display. The display is on my kitchen coumter and the refugium is above the kitchen cabinets and both are visable from kitchen and living room.Display is a 46gallon bow and refugium is a 38 gallon with double biowheel and an Esshoppes 100 gl skimmer.I did add some sponges to the spray bar from my subcurrent uv sterilzer that are loose fitting so they catch the bubbles and not block the plankton and good stuff from the refugium. The bubbles are significantly reduced but so is the flow to the surface water.

Old 09/28/2011, 05:18 PM   #6
TheFishTeen
Registered Member.

So theres no sump?

TheFishTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 06:39 PM   #7
username in use
Mature Member

You may be getting bubbles from the water dropping and hitting the 90 degree elbow into your spray bar.

"Ive seen good men do bad things. Ive seen bad men do good things"

Current Tank Info: 75g in wall in early stages of build
username in use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 09:53 AM   #8
ReeferBill
Registered Member

bubbles?

Yes you are right , the bubbles are from the overflow that feeds the display from the refugium and I do not have a sump. Can I put air line tubing to restrict flothe fow to stop the bubbling?