Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/14/2011, 02:46 PM   #1
kamla
Registered Member

Voltage in the Tank

hi guys..
i just turned on my Skimmer
and when i put my hand in the tank i could feel some sort of tingling on my hand

i have small cut on that hand.

once i turn off the skimmer and put my hand in the tank there is not tingling

this is New Skimmer..

any help

kamla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 03:06 PM   #2
abugjo
Registered Member

Sounds like your pump on your skimmer has an insulation issue need a new pump. Or you can add a grounding prob into the tank it is a simple stainless steal peice conected to a wire that plugs into the ground socket of the wall outlet. But the grounding probe only covers up the problem of having a pump with poor insalation on your skimmer. if it is new I would contact the supplier and let them know. Also the stray voltage in your tank will cause issues with your fish infact I had a yellow tang that developed a red streak down is side a LFS steared me to the stray voltage issue. Found a bad heater and added a grounding probe. Good luck

abugjo is offline   Reply With Quote