Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/17/2011, 02:29 PM   #1
mmullaly
Registered Member

Cheese with my whine

I have had my Apex Lite for almost 2 years now and love it. Not sure how I lived before it.
Anyway, some issues still remain to this day. I keep hoping that they will be addressed in a new FW update but they haven't.

First problem

After a power loss, my 2 EB8's lose there address. For instance EB8_2 will become EB8_3 and EB8_3 will become EB8_4.
I can correct this by doing a complete initialization and restoring my config.
But, this problem could spell disaster, especially if the EB8 under a new address will turn auto on my heater or auto on my Kalk.

Second problem
This is more annoying then harmful.
When my ATO is active, I have the unit play the warning sound Siren 2.
This works all of the time, however sometimes the tone gets stuck and will play one of the beeps forever. Think of it as a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Until I push any button on the controller.

Third problem
Again more of an annoyance.
On the display I have both EB_8's displaying the amperage. The space immediately to the right of the EB8_3 has a solid block that sometime is there and sometime it disappears.

Anyone else have these problems?

And yes I want some cheese with my whine.

Current Tank Info: 155G Bow, 40G sump, Shallow Sand Bed, Mixed Reef, ETSS SumpBuddy 60 Skimmer,6 AI Sol Blue lighting, 2 Vortec MP40w, Apex Lite Controller, Iwaki MD40RLXT Return, Iwaki MD55RLT for Skimmer, ATS, GFO and GAC Reactor
mmullaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 02:38 PM   #2
swearint
Registered Member

Of the three issues, the only one I have seen reported before is the addressing issue. None are intended behavior. Have you tried to contact Neptune Support? [email protected]

Todd

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Current Tank Info: 125g Reef
swearint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 02:45 PM   #3
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

How current is your firmware?

Old 10/17/2011, 02:58 PM   #4
mmullaly
Registered Member

I think I have the latest

4.11L_8B11

Current Tank Info: 155G Bow, 40G sump, Shallow Sand Bed, Mixed Reef, ETSS SumpBuddy 60 Skimmer,6 AI Sol Blue lighting, 2 Vortec MP40w, Apex Lite Controller, Iwaki MD40RLXT Return, Iwaki MD55RLT for Skimmer, ATS, GFO and GAC Reactor
Old 10/17/2011, 03:43 PM   #5
bazineta
Registered Member

On issue 1, I'd really recommend investing in at least a small UPS to protect the Apex.

bazineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 05:19 PM   #6
peiloy3196
Registered Member

Fortunately I have never seen issue 1, but I have seen 2 & 3 on my Apex. Latest firmware.

Tank: 230 Gal , 75 Gal Sump with Refuge, 3X250W MH, 4X54W T5, MP60QD's, SRO XP5000 Skimmer, Octopus Calcium Reactor, 1.5 HP Chiller, Apex.

Current Tank Info: 250 Gallon Reef
peiloy3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 06:56 PM   #7
mmullaly
Registered Member

I actually have a smartups 1500 on one of the eb8s but it only lasts about 2 hours with it just powering my return and 2 mp40s. My problem is an extended outage and if i'm not there.