This 6 Pack Cleaner Crew
comes with the following items:
- 20 Nassarius Snails. The Nassarius Snail has a little body with a big appetite - going around your tank foraging for any decaying waste, leftover food and nasty fish excrement in your tank. The nassarius vibex snail is an efficient scavenger - and will eat detritus. As a basic must have for your clean up crew - nassarius snails eliminate the yuck which causes nitrates which feed algae - aiding in the removal of unwanted algae by preventive maintenance.
The Nassarius Snail has a small shell approximately the size of an olive pit. Nassarius Vibex burrow into the substrate and when a morsel of dinner is available, a long tube like siphon will arise from the substrate to quickly locate it. Pushing through the upper levels of the substrate, nassarius snails help aerate the substrate, preventing compaction.
- 20 Cerith Snails
- 10 XLG Cerith Snails. This all around fantastic saltwater snail is a favorite among aquarist. Cerith snails eat detritus, fish waste, algae, and uneaten food. Cerith snails will scale the rock work, burrow in the sand bed and make themselves at home in your tank - happily taking care of business.
Cerith snails will often appear dead during the day, as the majority of their activity can be seen after hours. They are native to the Caribbean and are comfortable in very warm tanks since their native home of tide pools can often become very hot. Cerith snails can be sensitive to quick changes in salinity and pH, therefore a slow drip acclimation is suggested.
- 5 Turbo Snails. The Turbo snail is an excellent choice as a part of your clean up crew - as it will aggressively consume large amounts of nuisance algae. Turbo snails love to hang on the glass and rocks eating many types of algae. They are native to the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. One major concern with turbo snails is their inability to right themselves if turned over, therefore please do not keep them in an environment with aggressive tank mates who may intentionally flip them over.
Since the turbo snail is an algae eating snail, sufficient algae must be present to properly maintain the animal. Ordering this snail in smaller quantities is advised as supplemental feeding them can prove difficult. Turbo snails can be sensitive to quick changes in salinity and pH, therefore a slow drip acclimation is suggested.
- 20 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs. The Blue legged hermit crab is a reef safe hermit crab which eats algae and left over food. It is a nice addition to the aquarium as this crab stands out with it's bright blue legs. They are an omnivorous bottom feeder which has been photographed eating red slime algae aka blue green algae aka cyanobacteria.
- 5 Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crabs. Mexican Red Leg Hermits are a fantastic addition to any reef or fish only tank as this crab will happily devour detritus, left over food, algae and cyanobacteria. The red leg hermit crab has an easy going temperament as long as it has ample food and larger shells to grow into. Providing grow up shells will aid in preventing snail genocide.
The best part - it has FREE shipping to the contiguous United States and for a limited time - Only $39.99
Also - you can add like items to the box for no additional cost in shipping!
727 623 0914