Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > SpectraPure
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/27/2012, 01:44 PM   #1
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

New Extra High capacity DI cartridges NOW Availible!

Hello-
I wanted to post here to answer some of the questions we have been receiving on our new Super High capacity DI cartridges just released.

-Yes, our SUPER DI cartridges that have 33% more removal capacity than any other standard DI cartridge

-Yes, these can be used in place of your standard size/capacity DI cartridge in practical all standard housings used. they are completely interchangeable.

-Yes, they are availible as replacements for your Silica Buster, your MaxCap, your Mixed bed, your color indicating DI cartridges, or brands of DI cartridges.

-Yes, for only $1 more than our standard cartridge you do get 33% (1/3) more than our standard cartridge.

-No, it not refillable, but we still offer our standard size in refillable cartridges.

-another way of expressing your savings when using these super DI cartrdiges is 3 SUPER DI cartridges do the work of 4 standard Di cartridges.

Yes, you will save money and reduce waste.

Yes, they are on sale...
http://www.spectrapure.com/email/cus...reciation.html

Thanks for your time! If I can answer any questions, just drop me a line!
Bruce

Last edited by SpectraPure; 01/27/2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: I cannot spell cartridge
SpectraPure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 04:51 PM   #2
aquainas
Registered Member

These cartridges look different kinda sleek in design really, but does fit the standard housing. I picked up a set of max cap and silica buster to see what the higher capacity does for me. These cartridges look to be much higher flow due to the wider channels at the top of the cartridge, and the resins smell more potent :wow:...lol. however let's not associate fishyness with potency.
I'll be measuring tds and co2 before each use for the life of the maxcap (when it hits 1 tds) with a com100 and co2 test kit, and compare the data. As long as my water quality continues to be relative, it should be easy to see any gains in gallons per cartridge and also an increase in the ratio of SB:MC as well.

Current Tank Info: In-wall 240 Main display|MSX300|MP40W's|Radiums|Ecoxotic|Apex|Constant water change via LiterMeter III R.I.P
aquainas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2012, 10:27 AM   #3
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Regarding your comment "higher flow"- these cartridges are low pressure drop, which does increase producton rates (flow).
On this same subject, lower pressure drop in the DI stages reduces back pressure on your membrane which in turn reduces the waste stream as waste ratios are typically set by comparing membrane output/input and reject lines (with no back pressure added from the DI stages typically used).
Thanks Aquinas for your observation! (I forgot to mention this aspect of the new DI carts).

bruce

Last edited by SpectraPure; 01/30/2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelin!
Old 04/21/2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Lam Ly
Registered Member

Spetrapure Maxsap UHE

I did not see the UHE on sale, is there any?

Thanks,
Lam

Lam Ly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2012, 11:34 AM   #5
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Sorry, no.

Only products on the Sale Page are on sale.

http://spectrapure.com/email/customer-appreciation.html

Scott
SpectraPure, Inc.

Old 06/04/2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Lam Ly
Registered Member

Uhe

Scott,

I finally get the UHE unit and should arrived tomorrow.

Lam

Lam Ly is online now   Reply With Quote