Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2012, 07:21 PM   #1
karsseboom
Registered Member

cant access through home computer.

I have my apex all hooked up, well kinda. Anyway last nite I could access my account through my home computer and now today it wont let me? I'm using a gaming adaptor for my connection. I'm also having trouble with connecting my apex to my iphone. I went on the dyndns and started a free trial and enter my router ip adress and they gave me a host name, I typed that host name into the iphone app but it wont connect? Is there something I did wrong.

karsseboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Xcali1985
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsseboom View Post
I have my apex all hooked up, well kinda. Anyway last nite I could access my account through my home computer and now today it wont let me? I'm using a gaming adaptor for my connection. I'm also having trouble with connecting my apex to my iphone. I went on the dyndns and started a free trial and enter my router ip adress and they gave me a host name, I typed that host name into the iphone app but it wont connect? Is there something I did wrong.
Have you entered the settings into your router. Most routers no a days have a setting that will auto update your dyndns address for you.

You cannot use the dyndns address when you are on the same network as the Apex. You need to use the local address one. ex. 192.168.1.2.

I take it since you used it before that your ports are forwarded correctly. So I will say this. On your Display Unit go to System > Net Setup > Restart and reboot the Apex. Also take this time to reboot your gaming adapter. See if you can connect.

Xcali1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2012, 09:04 PM   #3
karsseboom
Registered Member

OK so back online now. Still having trouble accessing my router configuration page to even set it up. How do I set the port for the dyndns? So all three ports have to match like the router, apex and dyndns?

Unread 02/10/2012, 03:20 PM   #4
karsseboom
Registered Member

Ok, Im trying to connect the apex to my iphone through the apex app. I have set up a dyndns account and tried to port forward my router. When I type in the ip address of my apex into the iphone app it says connection failed.

here is my router page

Unread 02/10/2012, 03:31 PM   #5
L8ndeb
Registered Reef Keeper

First, you use the IP of your computer, not the apex, if you are port forwarding. Try adding "/apex:80" without the quotes to your IP address in the Iphone app.

If you don't know your IP address, go here from your computer: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Current Tank Info: Custom 200 gal reef cube with a 20 gal sump, 2 AI SOL LED Fixtures, Super Reef Octopus skimmer, custom made calcium reactor, Apex Lite controller with various modules.

Last edited by L8ndeb; 02/10/2012 at 03:37 PM.
L8ndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 04:44 PM   #6
karsseboom
Registered Member

Ok I'm in thanks for your help.