Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/19/2012, 09:45 PM   #1
NikeLV
Registered Member

Seaweed only?

Hey Reefers!!

Can Naso Blonde & Desjardini Sailfin Tangs feed on seaweed only? Do they need meaty foods?

Speaking of Mysis, how do you guys feel about the ReefNutrition Mysis-Feast?
Does Reef Nutrition add a lot of phosphates to the water? It looks like there is a lot of liquid in the bottle.
Does the nutrition content in refrigerated PE Mysis stay the same as frozen PE Mysis?

Thanks!!

NikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2012, 02:02 AM   #2
jake koppen
Registered Member

My blue morpho won't even touch the stuff. He'll eat everything under the sun (I mean metal halides lol) tho. I got him to eat green flake but I don't feed that too often as it's the only tang in the tank. If they are eating in general, they'll survive. Some things are finicky eaters maybe try rods veggie blend, it'll have some more mixed in that they might confuse and get a taste for. Just my 2 cents

jake koppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2012, 02:10 AM   #3
jake koppen
Registered Member

Also on the frozen foods, I just pick up random variety when I'm just browsing lfs. So I just mix it up every few days. Primarily spectra pellets that I feed a few times a day as I walk by or rods. Then I throw in some cubes of variety pack or flake. I just rotate and make sure po4, skimmer action, nitrates don't go bonkers cause of one of those.

jake koppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Palting
Registered Member

"Must" is probably too strong a word. They are classifeied as herbivores. They "can" and "probably" do better if supplied a variety of food, including meaty food. I feed my 4 tangs IO gel food marine blend as a base food, seaweed maybe once or twice a week. They have grown in size and girth in the two years I've had them on this diet.

Current Tank Info: Incept 3/2010, 150 RR, 50g sump, 20g fuge, 150w 15K MH x3, T5 actinics x8, moonlight LED x6, 1400gph return, Koralia 1400 x4, 300 g skimmer, 4 tangs, 2 mandarins, 2 perc, 6 line, 3 cardinals, 2 firefish, SPS, LPS, zoas, palys, shrooms, clam
Palting is offline   Reply With Quote