Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquarium Specialty
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/25/2013, 02:27 PM   #226
takayan
Premium Member

When DC-20000 would be available?

takayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2013, 03:32 PM   #227
monkiboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takayan View Post
When DC-20000 would be available?
this is exactly what i need...more details, please!

monkiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2013, 06:52 PM   #228
rollermonkey
Registered Member

My RLSS R6-i was ordered last week, but is on backorder. Supposedly they are already on the slow boat from China and it won't take too long.

Current Tank Info: 29g BioCube with LEDs
rollermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2013, 03:16 AM   #229
ramseynb
Registered Member

Scott, is the issues you've seen with the DC RLSS pumps primarily the DC-5000? I bought a DC-10000 and a db12-I skimmer so I'm a little nervous about reliability. I'm in the process of a very slow build so both are still brand new in the box. If there is a high failure rate, can I get RLSS to swap mine out with the new more reliable pump? Thanks Scott, it looks like you've taken care of the people who have had issues which says something about your service.

ramseynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2013, 08:17 AM   #230
herbklee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeco82 View Post
No, but tell us how much you love your RLSS products, then tell us if you work for them.
lol

herbklee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2013, 07:17 AM   #231
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramseynb View Post
Scott, is the issues you've seen with the DC RLSS pumps primarily the DC-5000? I bought a DC-10000 and a db12-I skimmer so I'm a little nervous about reliability. I'm in the process of a very slow build so both are still brand new in the box. If there is a high failure rate, can I get RLSS to swap mine out with the new more reliable pump? Thanks Scott, it looks like you've taken care of the people who have had issues which says something about your service.
I would have to run that by RLSS. Anytime you have a question like this please contact us directly. I don't know who you are from this post so you will still need to contact us directly...

Thanks,

Stop and smell the Coral.
AquariumSpecialty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2013, 07:20 AM   #232
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollermonkey View Post
My RLSS R6-i was ordered last week, but is on backorder. Supposedly they are already on the slow boat from China and it won't take too long.
The ship finally left port last week. You may have heard about the Typhoon...

Old 10/23/2013, 12:40 AM   #233
rollermonkey
Registered Member

I was stationed on a destroyer in Japan for three years... Typhoons are no fun.

I hope the skimmers are on the boat this time. I think the skimmer is going to end up being the last piece I get before filling the tank, despite being ordered before a few other items.

Current Tank Info: 29g BioCube with LEDs
rollermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2013, 06:30 AM   #234
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollermonkey View Post
I was stationed on a destroyer in Japan for three years... Typhoons are no fun.

I hope the skimmers are on the boat this time. I think the skimmer is going to end up being the last piece I get before filling the tank, despite being ordered before a few other items.
They are on the boat.

Old 10/23/2013, 04:31 PM   #235
Azmanjim
Registered Member

I'm in the UK and I have a new style RLSS R6-I skimmer. With problems. First up the skimmer would not self start at setting 1. Then ramped up a bit on the controller it would pump a measly amount, until setting 4 when bubbles would appear and everything seemed just a little underpowered. Even with my hand over the outlet I couldn't get the water to rise more than half way up the skimmer. So I had the controller replaced, which fixed the low down issues and the skimmer seems to have more power. But above setting 4 the pump has an off sound and isn't a constant speed. The air pull is also erratic, as if it's being restricted. And I still can't flood the skimmer! Not that I want to, I just think that is abnormal!

I hear there are replacement volutes for the 6000, but I wonder if there are supposed to be replacements for the 4000s too

P.s even the the skimmer was running way under power it still pulled out crap and I still rate it above nearly every skimmer iv used before (a lot of skimmers) haha

Last edited by Azmanjim; 10/23/2013 at 04:40 PM.
Azmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2013, 01:16 PM   #236
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

We currently have Waveline DC-10000 Gen 2 pumps in stock but they are going fast. The good news is that we are overnighting a check to the port of origin for processing. We should have DC-6000, DC-12000 and DC-10000 pumps here by the end of the month at the latest. Taking pre-orders now.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/wav...stems-dc-pumps

We will also have RLSS skimmers with Gen 2 pumps landing on the same shipment.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/pro.../rlss-skimmers

Old 11/11/2013, 02:20 PM   #237
monkiboy
Registered Member

any news at all on the dc20000?

monkiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2013, 08:06 PM   #238
medic6695
Registered Member

I'm very disappointed by my DC6000 Gen2 pump. I've replaced my DC5000 Gen1 a month ago after she died for no reason and the new pump stopped working after only 1 month....

Now, i'm gonna lost my skimmer for at least 1 week because my LFS want to run some tests on my pump to see if it's the pump or the controller who causes problems...

As soon as the skimmer will be back functional, i'm selling it and i'll buy a skimmer with an AC pump.

medic6695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2013, 09:45 PM   #239
chrisneill1987
Registered Member

have have been through 6 pumps in 5 months and my 10000 has a flow rate of 380 L a hour with 1.4 m head hight

chrisneill1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2013, 05:53 AM   #240
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

We will be happy to help you troubleshoot the pumps. Sounds like your DC10000 pump issue was with the Gen 1 pumps. The Gen 2 pumps have been great but if you are still having trouble and it's a Gen 2 pump then contact us and we will try to help. I would say we have sold close to 100 of the Gen 2 pumps so far and these have been a lot more reliable. I'm not sure why your flow rate is so low. Give us a call and we will see what we can do to help.

For the record, I'm running a Waveline DC6000 on a 72" x 36" frag tank and the flow rate is so good that I can only run it at half speed. If I go any higher then the drains (1 x 1" and 2 x 3/4") might not be able to handle the water volume. The 3/4" drains use to be part of a closed loop but I opted to make them drains after I put the DC-6000 online. If I didn't have those additional drains then the tank might overflow at anything above half speed. Head pressure on it is about 4 ft.

Old 11/13/2013, 05:57 PM   #241
DCReefer1964
Moved On

Waveline DC3000 is a worthless POS. I have 2 pumps to fail on me in the past 4 months. Controller shows full speed but pump operates slow for just stops. I have removed the pump housing and they both look like new. One was replace under warranty. I will never trust my Reef to one again

DCReefer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2013, 06:11 AM   #242
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReefer1964 View Post
Waveline DC3000 is a worthless POS. I have 2 pumps to fail on me in the past 4 months. Controller shows full speed but pump operates slow for just stops. I have removed the pump housing and they both look like new. One was replace under warranty. I will never trust my Reef to one again
And that is why RLSS is using a different manufacturer now and they have completely redesigned the pumps. The Gen 2 pumps are completely different. We haven't had DC3000 pumps in over 6 months. I'm not sure where you purchased these from but they can be exchanged for the Gen 2 DC4000 or DC6000 pumps if the DC4000 pumps are not available.

We have 74 DC6000, DC10000 (Gen 2) and DC12000 pumps arriving by the end of next week. As I have said in other posts, I'm using a DC6000 and it's a great pump. I'm also planning to add one to a new 60 gallon cube build we are doing.

Old 11/14/2013, 07:54 PM   #243
DCReefer1964
Moved On

Return to who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariumSpecialty View Post
And that is why RLSS is using a different manufacturer now and they have completely redesigned the pumps. The Gen 2 pumps are completely different. We haven't had DC3000 pumps in over 6 months. I'm not sure where you purchased these from but they can be exchanged for the Gen 2 DC4000 or DC6000 pumps if the DC4000 pumps are not available.

We have 74 DC6000, DC10000 (Gen 2) and DC12000 pumps arriving by the end of next week. As I have said in other posts, I'm using a DC6000 and it's a great pump. I'm also planning to add one to a new 60 gallon cube build we are doing.
How do I return these. Or have I completely lost out on this.

DCReefer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2013, 05:58 AM   #244
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReefer1964 View Post
How do I return these. Or have I completely lost out on this.
Have you contacted the place from where you purchased them from? If they are not willing to help then call us and we will help you.

Old 11/19/2013, 06:50 AM   #245
NucMed
Registered Member

Hello, I'm interested in RLSS R6-I 6 protein skimmer with the DC4000 pump, is this one of the skimmers coming in the shipment and when do you expect the shipment to arrive?

Thanks in advance!

NucMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2013, 07:06 AM   #246
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucMed View Post

Hello, I'm interested in RLSS R6-I 6 protein skimmer with the DC4000 pump, is this one of the skimmers coming in the shipment and when do you expect the shipment to arrive?

Thanks in advance!
Yes we will have the R6-i skimmers in stock next week but it's only a limited supply coming in on the 1st order. We will probably be sold out of the R6i skimmers in a week or two at the most. We are placing a larger order today but it won't land by ocean freight until sometime in January...most likely. We will have the following items coming in on next weeks shipment:

R6-i
R8-i
R8-u
R10-i (sold out)
R12-e (sold out)
DC-6000 Waveline Pumps
DC-10000 Gen 2 Waveline Pumps
DC-12000 Pumps

Old 11/19/2013, 07:48 AM   #247
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Ok, now the RLSS R8-u is sold out for the incoming shipment.

Old 11/19/2013, 09:04 AM   #248
NucMed
Registered Member

R6-i 6

Would I be able to go to your website and although it says sold out, place an order for one or are all of the R6's accounted for already?

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 11/19/2013, 09:08 AM   #249
AquariumSpecialty
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucMed View Post
Would I be able to go to your website and although it says sold out, place an order for one or are all of the R6's accounted for already?

Thanks,
Ryan
We will allow pre-orders now. You can checkout from the site now. There's a decent chance the shipment will arrive in our warehouse on Friday of this week but it could be Monday.

Thanks,

Old 11/19/2013, 09:28 AM   #250
NucMed
Registered Member

Will they have the DC3000 or 4000 pumps installed?

Thanks,
Ryan