Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 08/31/2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Megatrev62
Registered Member

nextreef mr1 or phosban reactor

Just looking for some input on which of these reactors to purchase. I am going to run it on a 90 gallon tank. Thanks

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon, mixed reef,fuge.
Megatrev62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2012, 05:47 PM   #2
PJtree23
Registered Member

I have the nextReef MR1 and I like everything about it. Easy to swap out media. I haven't had any experience with the phos ban reactor

PJtree23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2012, 06:04 PM   #3
dan-in-gr
Registered Member

Hi, I have two reactors, the first is a Deltec for bio-pellets and a Reef Octopus for media, I did a lot of looking around for a third one and have settled on the Nextreef MR1 for GFO. What I like bout them is that the top has two small 1/2 outlets, this will allow me to use a short connecting hose with a couple of 1/2 90 degree barbs for upflow and downflow, this is the only reactor that has nice compact fittings on it and easy to clean - read you can get your hand in to wash out. I will probably sell the Reef octopus reactor and buy a second MR1 if that helps. Have also had a huge Avast, well made but was too large for my 120.

dan-in-gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Megatrev62
Registered Member

Thank you both for the input. I'm leaning toward the nextreef, I have read some decent reviews on it. Thanks for your experience with that reactor.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon, mixed reef,fuge.
Megatrev62 is offline   Reply With Quote