Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Almondsaz
Premium Member

Disappointed

I placed an order online with BlueZoo and had to cancel it a few days before shipping. I called and spoke with a gentleman on staff and he promptly cancelled the order and sent me an email identifying that the refund was forthcoming. He said it would be by friday (this was Thursday) so I "assumed" he meant the next day.

Since the 5th of Feb when I placed the order I have called, sent two emails asking for status and have never gotten a response to any of my emails which were sent to customer service using the link from the email from BlueZoo. This is not the experience I was expecting from the orders I had placed previously - BlueZoo were always professional and I was always pleased with the service and most importantly the quality of the livestock I purchased.

Have they changed hands? I still don't have a response and wonder if I should start to work through paypal or my credit card company? All it takes is a simply reply to an email for communiction - otherwise you assume you are just being ignored.

I am beyond frustrated with this experience and can only hope that I get the refund soon. It has been 7 days since the order was cancelled - so this isn't a claim for a DOA, nothing was ever shipped.

Just really frustrated.

Almondsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 06:15 PM   #2
NiTr0x911
Registered Member

Ive never ordered from them but I am on their mailing list and almost ordered a few times in the past.Lately Ive been reading alot of reviews like this one about BlueZoo.Kinda scared to try them now.

Unread 02/16/2013, 06:18 PM   #3
gone fishin
Registered Member

FWIW they are in the process of moving to a larger facility.

Current Tank Info: 180gal DT, BM NAC77 skimmer,3 Maxspect razors, Maxspect Gyre 150, 30g QT
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Almondsaz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone fishin View Post
FWIW they are in the process of moving to a larger facility.
Thanks for that, which to me makes communication (from them) all the more important. I do appreciate you sharing that information.

Unread 02/18/2013, 02:02 PM   #5
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thank you so much for letting us know about your situation. According to our system, we don't have any current pending refunds so yours may have already been processed. You didn't provide specific order information in the posting so we can't look up your account but please call 888-479-2583 when you have a momment and ask for Mike in accounting. I am sure he will be able to assist you in this matter.

Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2013, 06:04 AM   #6
Almondsaz
Premium Member

Appreciate the response but that was part of the problem, I sent two emails with the order reference and never got an acknowledgment. I have called and spoke with Mike in accounting and he was extremely helpful. He immediately refunded my order that was cancelled and shared that BlueZoo was in fact moving facilities and unfortunately my instance was one of the casualties of the move - email systems down, the accounting system in flux, etc. Mike was very response when I spoke with him and the situation has been resolved. Thank you Mike!

Unread 02/22/2013, 06:21 AM   #7
bob1435
Registered Member

Blue zoo is great... You just got them on a bad day...

bob1435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2013, 02:04 PM   #8
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update on your situation. We are glad we could help resolve your problem and we will let Mike know you said thank you.

Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2013, 09:21 AM   #9
ZephNYC
Registered Member

Blue Zoo is a first class facility. I have ordered many times and received compensation when my Angler swallowed a new Regal angel I just received from them. They took my word for it like gentlemen. You wouldnt think a 5 inch Angler could inhale a 7 inch Regal Angel, but you should have seen my face when I witnessed it!

Current Tank Info: 210 sps/125 nps/40B maxima growout
ZephNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2013, 11:11 AM   #10
jnc914
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephNYC View Post
Blue Zoo is a first class facility. I have ordered many times and received compensation when my Angler swallowed a new Regal angel I just received from them. They took my word for it like gentlemen. You wouldnt think a 5 inch Angler could inhale a 7 inch Regal Angel, but you should have seen my face when I witnessed it!
Wow, I am shocked that any vendor would reimburse for the Regal being eaten by another tank inhabitant. Was the fish ill when you received it? That is pretty impressive of Blue Zoo

13 years strictly salty

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon FOWLR Angel dedicated tank
jnc914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2013, 10:55 PM   #11
lemec
Premium Member

Like any online retailer, order wisely...I've ordered from them & had a mixed result from some of the live stock, but overall, the experience has been positive and I would order again if they had something I wanted.

Current Tank Info: Elos 70 T5 lit tank
lemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2013, 09:36 AM   #12
ZephNYC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnc914 View Post
Wow, I am shocked that any vendor would reimburse for the Regal being eaten by another tank inhabitant. Was the fish ill when you received it? That is pretty impressive of Blue Zoo
I didnt say they gave me a full refund, but they did compensate me. The fish looked great for the 15 minutes it was in the aquarium!

Current Tank Info: 210 sps/125 nps/40B maxima growout
ZephNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2013, 08:36 AM   #13
nvictor
Registered Member

I have ordered from them in the past and no problems. I think i even had a fish DOA and they promptly refunded and offered to send a replacement.

nvictor is offline   Reply With Quote