Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/15/2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Pysiek
Registered Member

Exclamation Apex and RapidLED

Several months ago I have purchased RapidLED retrofit kit with Mean Well ELN-60-48P drivers. I thought that probably I will never use a controller on my aquarium. But couple weeks ago my wife bought me as a gift the Neptune Systems Apex controller. Since the "P" drivers are not compatible with Apex what is the cheapest option for me to make it work? I will also purchase Apex Advanced LED Dimming – VDM module.
Also I have heard somewhere that it might be possible to use that : Aquarium Controller Interface Harness for Steves LEDs Drivers but I have not idea how to work this out.

Pysiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2013, 07:19 AM   #2
fishuntbike
Registered Member

If you have the APEX and not the Apex Lite, then there is NO need to buy the VDM module, all you need is the 2 channel cable. Not sure what LED you got but it seems like ELN 60-48P driver is dimmable but uses PWM, you should ask RapidLED on this one.

Unread 04/15/2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Pysiek
Registered Member

I do have the Apex unit. ELN 60-48P it's dimmable but when I asked RapidLED stuff they said that is not compatible with Apex because of some voltage rating I believe.

Pysiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

I am not completly sure about the PWP signal You could call Rapid and ask if the signal the ELN you have takes 5 volt pwp signal or ask them what voltage of PWP signal it takes. If so then the converter you listed will work just fine. Your only other option would be to change out to the 60-48P drivers to 60-48D and sell the ones you have.

Mark

Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Daimyo68
Registered Member

You can use the Interface Harness (Board) you have linked above. It will convert the 0-10v signal coming out of the Apex into a PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) signal, and hence brighten and dim your leds. You will be fine

Daimyo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Geokiris
Registered Member

Apex 0-10v, meanwell ELN-60-12D and 3528 SMD 12v UV LED strip

I just installed a ELN-60-12D for some 3528 SMD UV less strip. I have an Apex and I have connected it successfully. But unfortunately the led's are not dimming. Voltage reading coming out of 0-10V line of Apex is fluctuating according to my profile output, put LED are not dimming and the V going to them is a constant 12v.
Does anybody know why its not dimming the led's?

Geokiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2013, 07:28 PM   #7
rockdoc2010
Moved On

Not dimming LED strip..

As it turns out I have run into the same problem with ecoxotic stunner strips. They only come on after full voltage is applied. They are not dimmable. your drivers are probably working just fine. I am moving on to RapidLed

rockdoc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote