Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers > Soft Coral Identification
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/04/2013, 12:38 AM   #1
ReeferKimberly
Marley & Me

Are these both Nuclear Greens?

Both pics are pretty rough, my camera does not like close ups. But it doesn't matter because the only thing different is their color. One is lime green and one is forest green. Neither were purchased under the name nuclear greens but I just figured the lime greens were (I got them first). All this time I thought these lime greens were "nuclear greens" but then I get this forest green one yesterday and it is unlike any other 'green' paly I have had.

These are their true colors. Pretty spot on. I didn't even notice it was different until I got home and went, 'huh'.

I did not bother circling it. If you can't tell which then you probably should not be IDing, lol Thank you!

ReeferKimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2013, 11:05 PM   #2
wireefman
reefin chef

from what ive found is that any pally that is bright green ends up with the name nuclear green... the 2nd pic looks closer to what ive considered nuc green

wireefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2013, 07:42 AM   #3
NanoReefWanabe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireefman View Post
from what ive found is that any pally that is bright green ends up with the name nuclear green... the 2nd pic looks closer to what ive considered nuc green
such is the case for any of these ridiculous names given to corals...so and so buys a bargain discount coral for 5 bucks, it colours up a little pretty and then they say hey this looks like such and such coral, turns around and sells a frag of it for stupid expensive, unsuspecting buyer having paid ridiculous money for a coral now assumes he has bought that super rare coral tyree put out last month, and continues to frag and sell it as such...all buyers completely believing they have purchased a piece of a single coral colony originating from someones prop tank halfway across the world...just silly...

I am sure there is more of tyrees super rare alien plasma polyps growing wild somewhere in the ocean, but really what are the chances someone else found and cut from the same colony he did X number of years ago and has been propagating since...

**Disclaimer** i have no idea if some one has claimed the goofy name alien plasma for a coral yet, so please dont google it expecting to find so eye popping candy

FWIW, i would say the second pic also looks closer to what has been sold as Nuc's...but then again, i have never seen the original colony and where the 1000's of frags have ended up...

personally if the name game is to be taken seriously, the propagators should be sending COA's with each purchase...which can subsequently be copied for the resale and proof of purchase of the original...otherwise it is a bunch of people naming things what ever the heck they want and putting a silly price on them too...buy a coral cause you like it, not because you think you can rip off a name and sell it for something it very well may or may not be...

NanoReefWanabe is offline   Reply With Quote