Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/17/2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Pife
Registered Member

Tank Stand

I have built a stand for my tank and I didn't put a bottom in the stand and my wife thinks this will be a problem. Where the tank is going is hardwood and I now don't know if I should put a bottom in the tank to protect the wood floor or not. What do you guys think I should do? I would like to get this solved to day so I can get my sump in and start plumbing and curing some live rock in my sump.

Pife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2013, 12:32 PM   #2
MrClam
Registered Member

I would put one in. Its not going to protect the hardwood from large overflows, but it will contain small drips/spills and junk from staining your nice floor. I find its pretty hard to do anything in my sump without dripping a little bit.

MrClam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2013, 03:53 PM   #3
fltekdiver
Registered Member

agreed, we had hardwood in the room where my 120G is being set up, ended up pulling it all out and tile the floors. Not saying you have to do that., but anything is better then nothing

If not, worse case, just keep some used towels around, and throw them down during water changes etc

fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote