Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/14/2016, 08:11 PM   #4126
bucfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
I had called support and they were very helpful, had me hard reset the light but the problem persisted. They seemed to think it had something to do with my wireless router being a comcast gateway and had me go in and fiddle with some of the settings but the problem persisted. So I decided to try separating them myself and haven't had an issue since. I'm quite sure if I persisted they would have had me send in the light for service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with my 2 Hydra26. Can't get one to connect to parent. If the lights are separated how do you copy one light's settings to the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 11/14/2016, 08:25 PM   #4127
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrash View Post
How is light spread with the 52? How would it work with a 36 " tank? I added 2 t5 as supplement do wondering if 1 52 would work instead of 2 26

I started with a 52HD on my 30" tank and the spread was okay. I later added another prime to supplement as a nem spotlight and am much happier with the coverage. For a 36" tank a 52 and 2 primes would give you nice coverage with no shading. For reference see a pic of my setup below at max daylight settings.

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2016, 08:33 PM   #4128
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
I have the same issue with my 2 Hydra26. Can't get one to connect to parent. If the lights are separated how do you copy one light's settings to the other?

You have to do it in the web browser application on a desktop or laptop computer. Go to the website shown in the picture below log in to your account and select the parent light. Once in the light click the tripoint/share icon (its the one to the right of the trash can icon) and click download. This will save your schedule as a .api file. Now once you set up the current child light as its own parent go into the newly set up patent, click the share icon again but this time select upload. Find the schedule you downloaded earlier, upload it to the new light and your done! I hope that was clear haha

Unread 11/15/2016, 07:31 PM   #4129
extremeshocks
Registered Member

Hello everyone I have a reefer 250 with two hydra 26hd. I'm starting to get brown algae. Can you please help. All my nitrates are zero.

extremeshocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 07:43 PM   #4130
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeshocks View Post
Hello everyone I have a reefer 250 with two hydra 26hd. I'm starting to get brown algae. Can you please help. All my nitrates are zero.

How old is the tank? What are your other parameters?

Unread 11/15/2016, 07:44 PM   #4131
Reeftub
Registered Member

What's your phos at?

Reeftub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 08:07 PM   #4132
extremeshocks
Registered Member

Tank is a month old. I got all live rock from lfs that was fully cycled. I use ro water and do 5 gallon water changes a week. I don't have a phosphate kit. Nitrate is .2 and nitrite is zero. I know some is because of cycle but want to make sure it don't have anything to do with lighting. This is my second tank and never had a problem with other tanks.

Unread 11/15/2016, 08:09 PM   #4133
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Let it ride tank is young. Just siphon out as much as you can with regular water changes and maybe drop a bag of phosguard in your sump filter sock. One day you will wake up and it will be gone.

Unread 11/15/2016, 08:11 PM   #4134
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Also, buy a Hannah ULR phosphorous tester. With a kit that expensive don't skimp on your testing supplies...

Unread 11/15/2016, 08:14 PM   #4135
extremeshocks
Registered Member

I just started my Gfo and carbon reactor up tonight. Also I don't have a clean up crew yet that will be taken care of this weekend for sure. Just wanted to make sure my lights are good and not the problem thanks again guys.

Unread 11/15/2016, 08:17 PM   #4136
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeshocks View Post
I just started my Gfo and carbon reactor up tonight. Also I don't have a clean up crew yet that will be taken care of this weekend for sure. Just wanted to make sure my lights are good and not the problem thanks again guys.

It's fine your running a very benign schedule. Look at mine about 20 posts back, I have everything pretty well cranked and don't have any brown algae issues! Also, there are many others on here who basically run all channels at full power with no issues.

Unread 11/16/2016, 08:12 AM   #4137
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
It's fine your running a very benign schedule. Look at mine about 20 posts back, I have everything pretty well cranked and don't have any brown algae issues! Also, there are many others on here who basically run all channels at full power with no issues.

I cannot get my original hydras above 55% or I bleach, or grow algae. Whites are only 30'ish%

Unread 12/03/2016, 06:13 PM   #4138
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

So after reading through this article (http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...ralLab_WP1.pdf) by World Wide Corals and ecotech I have decided to give their settings a try and adapt them to AI HD lighting. I have changed it slightly to include the built in respiration peaks (I am a big believer in including respiration peaks to give the corals a break from the most intense lighting just like clouds or choppy seas do on a reef) but have extended my photo max to 7 hrs and shortened the ramps. This is still longer then in the study at an 11 hr total photo period vs 9 in the study. I did this so I could enjoy the tank when I get home from work and don't think a few hrs will make a huge difference. The AI lights work a bit differently then the Radions though so even though im pushing more white/red/green the overall intensity is less. I did this on purpose since I run my lights closer to the water line. Also, I tried to take into account the differences between the amount/types of diodes between the Hydra HD's and Radions and adjust ratios accordingly. If you want to run their schedule to a t just shorten the ramps to 1 hr on each side while keeping the peak the same. I'm excited to get some input from you guys and my tank, also below is the link to my .aip if you want to give it a try! https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdjsRFPUuvDNEyYXw

Unread 12/07/2016, 09:41 AM   #4139
Scurry
Registered Member

I have 2 Hydra TwentySix's with Controller over my 45 gallon. I love the lights but still trying to figure out what I want to do with the moon lights. I love the idea of the Lunar Feature but in order to use it, the Blues have to be set to a minimum of 5%. My LFS advises against that as they say it will result in excessive algae. I'm also not thrilled about the lights being on 24/7 in order to use this. I would be ok with it if I could have it on at 5% from when my lights turn off until the morning time.

So my 2 questions are:
Is 5% Blue on all the time too much and going to result in algae?
And does the Director give you more granular control of the lights than the Controller does?

Scurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2016, 11:21 AM   #4140
GimpyFin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurry View Post
I have 2 Hydra TwentySix's with Controller over my 45 gallon. I love the lights but still trying to figure out what I want to do with the moon lights. I love the idea of the Lunar Feature but in order to use it, the Blues have to be set to a minimum of 5%. My LFS advises against that as they say it will result in excessive algae. I'm also not thrilled about the lights being on 24/7 in order to use this. I would be ok with it if I could have it on at 5% from when my lights turn off until the morning time.

So my 2 questions are:
Is 5% Blue on all the time too much and going to result in algae?
And does the Director give you more granular control of the lights than the Controller does?

The director does give you a little more control overall than the small rectangular controller, however, you can accomplish what you want with that controller. Don't use the "Lunar" mode. Instead, just program the timer with your sunrise/sunset times and set whatever color/intensity you want for the night setting (Like blue 1%, etc.)

Current Tank Info: 110 gallon
GimpyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2016, 11:30 AM   #4141
dmaysr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyFin View Post
The director does give you a little more control overall than the small rectangular controller, however, you can accomplish what you want with that controller. Don't use the "Lunar" mode. Instead, just program the timer with your sunrise/sunset times and set whatever color/intensity you want for the night setting (Like blue 1%, etc.)
+1

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dmaysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2016, 11:41 AM   #4142
ssick92
Registered Member

Hey everyone,

I am trying to tune my AI Prime HD that I currently have over my IM Nuvo 10 cube (12"x12"x12" roughly of usable tank space). I can't really figure out if I have enough light at my current settings. Some of my zoas are drooping (similar to the picture below, not my actual coral)

When I introduced my corals, I got good growth for the first couple months, but I'm starting to think I am starving them of light because the growth is slowing... I have Acro's, LPS, zoas, mushrooms -- basically a completely mixed reef. SPS are encrusting slowly (some of the areas that are in shadows are starting to lose tissue), and have slightly less PE than a month ago and they are not growing taller. My chalice has shown significant growth, and their feeder tentacles extend to about 4" daily. My zoas are multiplying slowly, but doing the "umbrella" effect and don't have great coloring.

I currently run my blues at 40 (peak), whites at 15 (peak), green, red, violet, at 10 and UV at 25. Since it is such a small tank I am not sure if I need to really push these numbers up or not...

Any thoughts? I have the light about 10" AWL.

IM Nuvo 10g Mixed Reef Nano | Kessil A160we | Mp10QD | Osmolator Nano

Last edited by ssick92; 12/07/2016 at 11:53 AM.
ssick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2016, 08:59 AM   #4143
songer6
Registered Member

2 New Hydra 26HD's

I just set up 2 new hydra 26 hd's on my 4ft 90 gallon. I was having trouble with two different things. First, how can you tell if you're setup directly or through your wifi. It seems I had all my setting right on my iPad, I then wanted to check it out on my iPhone, when I opened up the app it changed all my settings, wasn't sure why this occurred. Also, at night when it was supposed to be completely off, one light was showing and very mild solid blue and the other was flashing green. Again wasn't sure why this was happening. I really like these lights but the setup sure has been confusing.

songer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2016, 08:40 PM   #4144
bucfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer6 View Post
I just set up 2 new hydra 26 hd's on my 4ft 90 gallon. I was having trouble with two different things. First, how can you tell if you're setup directly or through your wifi. It seems I had all my setting right on my iPad, I then wanted to check it out on my iPhone, when I opened up the app it changed all my settings, wasn't sure why this occurred. Also, at night when it was supposed to be completely off, one light was showing and very mild solid blue and the other was flashing green. Again wasn't sure why this was happening. I really like these lights but the setup sure has been confusing.

I think blinking light means not connected to network. My advice reset lights then try to use your computer to connect and set them up. Found it far easier to do it this way than with iPhone. Also this way you can upload other folks schedules to light. Can't do that with phone. These lights are a bit finicky overall. Prefer my gen4 Radions with reeflink. So much easier to program and a killer light.

Unread 12/08/2016, 09:15 PM   #4145
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer6 View Post

If connected to an outside network the indicator led should be green. If you are running in parent with a child set up I would ditch this set up and go with individual parent lights. Idk why but the parent with a child lighting always gave me issues. If you want the lights to run the same schedule you can download the settings from one light and upload to the other via the myAI browser app. Finally you can see if your light is connected to wifi via the app under the settings tab for a given light.

Unread 12/08/2016, 10:04 PM   #4146
bashment
Registered Member

Quote:
So after reading through this article (http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...ralLab_WP1.pdf) by World Wide Corals and ecotech I have decided to give their settings a try and adapt them to AI HD lighting. I have changed it slightly to include the built in respiration peaks (I am a big believer in including respiration peaks to give the corals a break from the most intense lighting just like clouds or choppy seas do on a reef) but have extended my photo max to 7 hrs and shortened the ramps. This is still longer then in the study at an 11 hr total photo period vs 9 in the study. I did this so I could enjoy the tank when I get home from work and don't think a few hrs will make a huge difference. The AI lights work a bit differently then the Radions though so even though im pushing more white/red/green the overall intensity is less. I did this on purpose since I run my lights closer to the water line. Also, I tried to take into account the differences between the amount/types of diodes between the Hydra HD's and Radions and adjust ratios accordingly. If you want to run their schedule to a t just shorten the ramps to 1 hr on each side while keeping the peak the same. I'm excited to get some input from you guys and my tank, also below is the link to my .aip if you want to give it a try! https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdjsRFPUuvDNEyYXw

OV, thank you for sharing this. I'm giving this schedule a try. I set my acclimation to 50% white and 30% for the rest of the values for the next 6 weeks as my wattage at peak prior was in the mid 60's compared to 85 with this schedule. Hoping for the best.

bashment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2016, 10:16 PM   #4147
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashment View Post
OV, thank you for sharing this. I'm giving this schedule a try. I set my acclimation to 50% white and 30% for the rest of the values for the next 6 weeks as my wattage at peak prior was in the mid 60's compared to 85 with this schedule. Hoping for the best.

No problem I'm excited someone actually responded. This thread seems to have gone dead over the last few months.

As for the lighting I am really liking it so far. Even though I am not a fan of lighting that is this blue, I can not deny how the corals have responded since I made the change. Please update and let me know what you think as your acclimation proceeds.

Unread 12/08/2016, 11:46 PM   #4148
bashment
Registered Member

Quote:
No problem I'm excited someone actually responded. This thread seems to have gone dead over the last few months.

As for the lighting I am really liking it so far. Even though I am not a fan of lighting that is this blue, I can not deny how the corals have responded since I made the change. Please update and let me know what you think as your acclimation proceeds.

How long ago have you changed the lighting? Are you SPS dominant? Been having problems with my tank as of late. Trying to figure out what to do.

bashment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 04:25 AM   #4149
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashment View Post
How long ago have you changed the lighting? Are you SPS dominant? Been having problems with my tank as of late. Trying to figure out what to do.

I changed about 2 weeks ago and I am not sps dominant by any stretch. I only have a few sps (by choice I'm not a colorful stick fan ) but I do have other high light demand animals such a calms/anemones and everything has responded well.Finally the few sps I do have colored up nicely and have never looked better. Also, they have a sister study on flow which is another interesting read, see below for the link. I don't know if either of these are the cure for your sps woes but doing nothing certainly is not. Happy Reefing!

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...s_CoralLab.pdf

Unread 12/12/2016, 09:51 AM   #4150
Fanatical
Registered Member

Bashment - I have two Hydra lights (older 52's) and one Hydra 52 along with the Director. I downloaded the AIP file you linked to but the AI Director won't let me upload it. Do you have a current version? Also, what program would I use to edit the file manually?

It gives me the error "The version of these settings is incompatible and cannot be imported."

Thanks for your help.

Fanatical is offline   Reply With Quote