Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Mason Dixon Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/30/2013, 09:38 AM   #1
JacobB89
Registered Member

New to this site/club

Seems this is one of the more steady forum/clubs in the area its little north of me but still not far and more active then the others I have found for salt water. I have been in and out of the hobby for 7 years was mainly into african cichlids when I started but have now ventured into salt and loving it so far.

Right now I Have a 29Biocube with HOB skimmer. As for stock a few softies, 15 or so blue legged hermits, 4 snails,1 emerald crab mated pair of ocellaris clown fish, Bi color blenny, and 1 green chromis.

Hope to make it to one of the meets that you guys have depending if I have off or not. I think that about sums it up.

Also currently looking for a 180-220 gallon setup full or partial with drilled overflows if anyone has one for sale.

JacobB89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Holsteiner
Registered Member

You can check out our website: www.mdreefclub.com which has more info on meetings, classifieds, etc. We do meetings in both PA and MD and have a couple members around the Baltimore area. If you do sign on, send me a message with your screen name...we've had a TON of spammers lately and many times real registrants are getting lost in them and not getting activated right away :-)

You can also check out the classifieds, one of our members has a RR 180 for sale.

Jen

Holsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2013, 06:55 AM   #3
JacobB89
Registered Member

Sounda good I'll sign up when I get home

Unread 09/22/2013, 05:23 PM   #4
JacobB89
Registered Member

picked up a 180 yesterday for a good deal cant wait to start!

Unread 12/29/2013, 09:22 PM   #5
peacepleasure
Registered Member

Hi everyone! A little about myself... My name is Lisa and although I am not new to the site (I am a member of STARS), I am new to the mason Dixon club. I am an Army wife that is currently living in El Paso Texas but will soon be a resident of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD in March.

I have been in the hobby off and on since 2003, when my youngest son wanted a "nemo" lol. over the years I have had a 55g, 10g, 29bow, and currently a 150g.

My current setup is a 150g mix reef with a 30g sump, Avast Marine Works skimmer, and StevesLED lights.

Tank inhabitants:
yellow tang
one spot foxface
sixline wrasse
purple dottyback
flame angel
flame hawkfish
B/W and a O/W O-clowns

various snails and crabs and various corals ranging from palys, zoas, softies, LPS, and a maxima clam

I look forward to getting to know my new salty friends!

Current Tank Info: future 40B sps w/ 100g sump

Last edited by peacepleasure; 12/29/2013 at 09:43 PM.
peacepleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2013, 09:28 PM   #6
peacepleasure
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobB89 View Post
picked up a 180 yesterday for a good deal cant wait to start!
Awesome! I will be looking for at least a 200g when I get up there. I am wanting to setup a predator tank for my husband.

Current Tank Info: future 40B sps w/ 100g sump
peacepleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 12:31 PM   #7
JacobB89
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepleasure View Post
Awesome! I will be looking for at least a 200g when I get up there. I am wanting to setup a predator tank for my husband.
well you will be here soon then march is not far away i did not see your post Aberdeen still the plan?