Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/09/2014, 10:14 AM   #1
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Shipment

So last night you called me and stated it was going to be cold up this way, and wanted to know if it was okay to ship it. I said yes and you recommended I have it held at my local Fedex Express Facility, so it would stay inside the heated building, I agreed. So I go there today on your advice at 9:00 A.M. when they open, give them my name. Nothing in yet, so I sit and wait til almost 10:00 A.M. they run the tracking and tell me it just landed in New Jersey at 9:00 A.M. So here it is 11:09 A.M. and reading the tracking info it still has not left the Fedex plant in New Jersey. I am not going to be around this afternoon to get the shipment, so what do we do? It hasn't even left New Jersey, it still has to fly or drive to the Fedex Facility collection station, then to my Express location. So I am guessing 1:00 or 2:00 this afternoon. So all the animals are going to die, because I won't be around, and I paid for Priority Overnight service by 10:30. and there has been no delays listed or exceptions as they call them. So what do we do? I have sent 2 e mails to you guys and have heard nothing.

auburnreefer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2014, 10:59 AM   #2
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Just keeping you posted as of 12:00 P.M. it has still not left New Jersey

Unread 01/09/2014, 11:46 AM   #3
auburnreefer110
Moved On

I am not blaming you at all, but I would like my money back and you can fight with Fedex over the loss of the animals. It is now 12:20 P.M. and it just left New Jersey. LIKE I SAID LET ME REPEAT I WILL NOT BE HOME LATER TO GET IT. I AM E MAILING YOU AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME RIGHT NOW

Unread 01/09/2014, 01:13 PM   #4
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update. Our shipping department is currently working with FedEx to expedite your delivery. Delays in shipping do happen from time to time but we always package our animals with 48 hour transit times in mind just in case. It sounds like you will be receiving your animals late but on the day you expected so they should be just fine.

Thank you again for your business. We truly appreciate it.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2014, 03:30 PM   #5
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Fedex called and left a generic message stating the order you were expecting today will not be arriving until tomorrow, thank you for using Fedex. Never again will I use a company that ships Fedex. No offense to Bluezoo, but they have delivered me damaged guitars, sumps, and many other things. So now it will be at the Fedex location tomorrow and I have no way to get it. So all the animals will die.

Unread 01/09/2014, 03:59 PM   #6
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Sorry to hear that your order will not be arriving to you today. As we mentioned before, we do ship with extended travel times in mind so all animals are packed large. We actually do not experience a dramatic increase in mortality even with delays.

As for your comments about FedEx, they do work off of a 97% success rate for on-time delivery which is very high by industry standards. This time of year, with the bad weather and some airport closures, the percentage of delays does increase of course but they are still the most reliable carrier of overnight packages. Your experience with guitars and sumps would most likely be based on FedEx Home Delivery which is their ground delivery service. This service is completely separate from their Express Overnight service. In fact many of the Home Delivery employees are independent contractors not directly tied to FedEx at all. It is hard to judge FedEx Express on experiences with FedEx Home Delivery.

Again, we are sorry you have had so much hassle in getting your order. We will be working with you tomorrow once your order is received so please stay in touch.

Take care.

Unread 01/09/2014, 04:40 PM   #7
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Not much to work on tomorrow as I said I am not around to get it.

Unread 01/10/2014, 07:36 AM   #8
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Today 8:35 this a.m. it has finally arrived. And now will sit there all day. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee for me.

Unread 01/10/2014, 08:48 AM   #9
auburnreefer110
Moved On

****ed as hell right now I took today off and lost 10 hours of work at 28.00 an hour. Went and picked it up, everything floating upside down. No offense but in this weather heat packs on the lid of the styrofoam container don't really do anything. Heat rises, so the temp in the bottom of the bags was 52 degrees. Wouldn't it make sense to put heat packs on the bottom as well on very cold times like this? And then maybe put newspaper or something else over it so it is not in direct contact with the fish. It is all floating in the tank right now to see if they are just in cold temp comas.

Unread 01/10/2014, 01:13 PM   #10
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update. We will pass along that information to the shipping department so they may be in touch with you regarding any losses from your FedEx delayed shipment.

To answer your question about the heat packs, if they are on the bottom and get wet, they will become useless. If you place them in plastic bags to prevent them from getting wet, they will not get O2 and not heat up.

Take care.

Unread 01/10/2014, 02:11 PM   #11
auburnreefer110
Moved On

Only update I want is the credit for the starfish you did not send. So I can be done with this whole thing. The lady at Fedex after looking at all the floating inverts was saying I don't know why all these places are doing overnight shipping right now because everything going through the Indianapolis hub is 4 days behind as it is. But hey it is what it is, just refund the money I paid for the starfish that you didn't ship. Please do not call my house, or send any e mails. Have a nice day.