Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Ocean Revive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/29/2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

Updated hanging setup for my T247

I did a new hanging setup over my 180 gallon tank.
I started with 1 - 1/16 x 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle that will face outwards.
Next I used 1 - 1/16 x 1" x 1" aluminum angle that will face the back side of the tank. The reason I went with 1x1 aluminum angle is that I will hide my cord behind it. I just need to find black extension cords. so you will see them in the photos for now. I drilled holes in the aluminum angle for the light studs to go through. the thread size is 6mm x 1.00mm. Befo
With my old setup I had a 1"x1" square tube that had holes in it so I can hang the light from it. But I never got a photo of it. It was UGLY and it drove me nuts just knowing I did it that way. Now there is only three hanger and not eight.
So here are the before and after photos.

Before

After

What I did

Flat Black

Put together all the lights

Much cleaner look now

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon Heavily stock tank Reef and Fish. 100 gallon sump, ATI Power cone IS Protein skimmer, Warner Warine MR100. 4 Ocean Revive T247 LEDS running Warner Marine EcoBAK bio pellets,Warner Marine additives
Old 03/30/2014, 03:02 AM   #2
OceanRevive
registered member

Daniel,

Very nicely done! I have 2 fixtures hanging over a 65g frag tank and they don't stay well lined up which looks sloppy. And there are 4 hanging wires which could be reduced to just 2 using your technique. Very nice work. I might even try taking some Plasti-Coat spay paint and paint them black. And maybe even tie the 2 power cords into 1 and run it off the end. If/when I get to this I'll post photos as well. Thanks for sharing, it's people like you who make this hobby better for everybody!

Stan

Old 03/30/2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

Thank you Stan for the kind words.
I just need to fine black cords so I can run and hide them in the channel.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon Heavily stock tank Reef and Fish. 100 gallon sump, ATI Power cone IS Protein skimmer, Warner Warine MR100. 4 Ocean Revive T247 LEDS running Warner Marine EcoBAK bio pellets,Warner Marine additives
Old 03/30/2014, 10:49 AM   #4
OceanRevive
registered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buganddoug View Post
Thank you Stan for the kind words.
I just need to fine black cords so I can run and hide them in the channel.
I think Lowes and I know NAPA sell black flexible plastic conduit that might work?

Old 03/30/2014, 11:04 AM   #5
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

Stan I was just thinking about that today. We will see what I will do this week.