Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Genesis Reef Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/02/2014, 09:24 PM   #1
bkpky
Registered Member

dual use of Genesis float with Apex breakout box

Has anyone successfully wired some of your genesis floats with your apex breakout box for dual purpose? If so, do you have a wire/splice diagram you could share? I am hesitant to attempt - last thing I want to do is mess a perfectly great system up. I mainly want to know about low Salt Mix, Low RODI, and High Sump.

Would be great if Genesis offered these type of spliter cables - similar to the extension cables - to tie to controller breakout boxes.

bkpky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2014, 06:47 AM   #2
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Hi bkpky,

I'm sure that someone has spliced the Level Sensors to have them serve dual purpose. It would be easy to do; simply cut the conductor on the output side of the sensor and splice leads to the cut ends, then run into your APEX unit. It is important that whatever you run to (in your case, the APEX) does not introduce a voltage to the line but simply monitors it. Also, it cannot create a great deal of resistance.

You'll need to be sure to splice into the conductor that is on the output side of the sensor, otherwise your APEX will always believe the circuit is closed - even when it isn't. I don't have that information on hand at this moment, but I can obtain it. Please email me through the contact page on our website and I'll email the info back to you as soon as I get it.

Have a great day,
Kevin

Old 09/08/2014, 06:41 PM   #3
sean2sean
Registered Member

tagging along.

sean2sean is offline   Reply With Quote