Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 09/07/2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Mbones
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 94
Thumbs up 125 long lighting with XR15 Pro

Ecotech,

I am setting up a 125 long (72 inch), and had my sights set on utilizing 3 XR15 Pros with the wide angle lens. Since the tank has a single overflow centered on a side wall, I was thinking of offsetting the three units so they are slight closer than 24 inches apart. The tank is a planned mixed reef with SPS being established in the top portion of the aquascape. Since this tank is only 21 inch at the deepest, I think in the top half centralized under any of the three units, SPS will thrive with LPS and softies in the lower half. I have noted in a couple other threads where there is a separation of 24 inches you recommend the XR30s, if I had the XR15s placed say 20 inch apart do you think I would be in decent shape?

Thanks for your feedback, keep the great products coming!


__________________
Taking life as it comes seems to be the only way to live. You just can't plan for everything!

Current Tank Info: (RIP) 150 Gallon SW Tank with 40 Gallon Sump
Mbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2014, 01:14 AM   #2
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member
 
Eastamherstbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Amherst, NY
Posts: 2,385
I have 3 xr-30's Gen 3 Pros over my 120g Long. They work out pretty well.




__________________
Innovative Marine SR-80 with 3 x Gen 3 PROs
Eastamherstbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2014, 08:51 AM   #3
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member
 
Alex Y EcoTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbones View Post
Ecotech,

I am setting up a 125 long (72 inch), and had my sights set on utilizing 3 XR15 Pros with the wide angle lens. Since the tank has a single overflow centered on a side wall, I was thinking of offsetting the three units so they are slight closer than 24 inches apart. The tank is a planned mixed reef with SPS being established in the top portion of the aquascape. Since this tank is only 21 inch at the deepest, I think in the top half centralized under any of the three units, SPS will thrive with LPS and softies in the lower half. I have noted in a couple other threads where there is a separation of 24 inches you recommend the XR30s, if I had the XR15s placed say 20 inch apart do you think I would be in decent shape?

Thanks for your feedback, keep the great products coming!
Mbones,

Both are good options, and will yield great results.


__________________
Alex Y.
Customer Service Representative at EcoTech Marine
Call: 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2 or E-mail: [email protected]
Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Mbones
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastamherstbias View Post
I have 3 xr-30's Gen 3 Pros over my 120g Long. They work out pretty well.

Curious, what lens do you in your XR-30 I'm this picture! Looks great by the way, thanks for sharing.


__________________
Taking life as it comes seems to be the only way to live. You just can't plan for everything!

Current Tank Info: (RIP) 150 Gallon SW Tank with 40 Gallon Sump
Mbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2014, 11:43 PM   #5
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member
 
Eastamherstbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Amherst, NY
Posts: 2,385


I have the normal lens in them and not the wide angle. There is no need. I have good coverage in the entire tank.


__________________
Innovative Marine SR-80 with 3 x Gen 3 PROs
Eastamherstbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2017, 07:12 PM   #6
ravedood
Registered Member
 
ravedood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 1,435
I was think about doing the same thing on my 125g long tank, but using the xr15pro gen4. anyone have any input on this possible setup? I am looking to have a mixed reef tank.


__________________
Florida Marine Aquarium Society Member
--Ben
ravedood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2017, 11:36 AM   #7
pandimus
Registered Member
 
pandimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravedood View Post
I was think about doing the same thing on my 125g long tank, but using the xr15pro gen4. anyone have any input on this possible setup? I am looking to have a mixed reef tank.
Interested in this setup as well, but for sps only tank. Wondering if this would be enough, due to the shallow depth and width of these 125 longs.


__________________
~SFVR Member~
125 Gal Long/50 Gal sump,
2xMP40QD,Aquamax CONES CO-03/Speed Wave dc return
4x AI Sol Blues/Director + 2 80w T5 retrofit/Apex Controller

Current Tank Info: 125 gal 72X18X22
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014