Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/28/2014, 03:51 AM   #1
neupane00
Registered Member

apex programming help

hey guys .. can u help me with the apex programming? I have a virtual outlet called Maint. which i plan to use for maintenance. I also have water drain pump called WATER_CHANGE.

My goal is . If Maint is ON, turn off all the filters and pumps.. AND start the WATER_CHANGE pump for 12 mins to drain the water. And turn off the water change pump. I tried to program.

in WATER_CHANGE pump outlet:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If outlet Maint = ON Then ON
If outlet Maint = OFF Then OFF
Min Time 12:00 Then ON

Thats not going to work, will it? Because after 12 mins, i want water change pump to be off.. and remain off even if the outlet Maint is still on. As after the water drains, i will need to clean the tank, refill it.. etc.. I dont want the water change pump to go on, till next time i set Maint to on..

neupane00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2014, 08:37 AM   #2
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

Thinking out loud, but if you create another virtual outlet I call it Maint2 notice there is no set command. You will have to go to the dashboard and turn it to OFF then set it back to Auto when finished.

In theory what will happen is when you trip the Maint virtual outlet it will also trip the new virtual outlet Maint2, but that outlet will not change state for 12 minutes, after the 12 minutes the new virtual will become true and hold the real outlet off until you reset Maint2 virtual outlet.

(Maint2)
If Outlet Maint = ON Then ON
Defer 012:00 Then ON

Now in you real outlet.

(WATER_CHANGE )
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If outlet Maint = ON Then ON
If outlet Maint = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet Maint2 = ON Then OFF

Not 100% automatic, but its the best I can think of. Hope that helps.

Mark

Last edited by Mark Bianco; 10/28/2014 at 08:46 AM.
Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2014, 07:01 PM   #3
neupane00
Registered Member

thanks man.. but im surprised something like this is not normal case scenario and no one else has programmed for this.

neupane00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

What a lot of people do is they have a BOB (Breakout Box) and two momentary switches one for starting the process and one for when finished that will put everything back to normal, while some just use one simple toggle switch. Others just use the built in Feed timers to do maintenance set to the amount of time it takes then to complete the entire process. There are countless different types of setups and many, many different ways people want to setup their maintenance.

Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote