Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/16/2014, 07:36 AM   #1
HiImSean
Registered Member

Netgear WNCE2001 Users

I know there are a lot of people who use this adapter for their Apex so I thought I'd share a problem/fix I had recently with mine. I also posted this exact post on the Neptune Community forum.

As I was cleaning up the wires underneath my tank, I unplugged my WNCE2001 adapter to move the wire and when I went to plug it back in the green power light was blinking. Reset didn't work. Leaving it unplugged for a while didn't work. I couldn't link to my home router, I was really really frustrated. I did some searching and found a firmware update for these adapters on the Netgear site as well as some instructions on how to push the update to the adapter.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=79281
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...%2C-then-amber

The first link, post #13 specifically, details the issue and step by step instructions for people with little to no networking knowledge on how to update the adapter. It was rather frustrating at first but with the information in both links I was able to push the firmware and get my adapter working again.

I was having network issues recently so I'm not sure if this will fix them all for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a good long term fix for the adapter.

HiImSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2014, 12:05 PM   #2
cb684
Registered Member

For me, two of those stopped working after power outages. Once I reinstalled the firmware they come back to life!

cb684 is offline   Reply With Quote