Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/20/2017, 07:46 PM   #401
mike810
Registered Member

Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I actually found some socks that fit the RE sock holders but the material used sucks and the sock only come in a length of 15". They don't take washing very well as they stop absorbing water and almost become water proof. That said, they clog up within a day and they are the 200 micron version. So to hear that your 10 micron socks are not clogging up fast is surprising. I'm kinda holding out hoping RE will come through with some felt socks. I was about to purchase their 400 and 200 micron nylons but didn't pull the trigger just yet.

Every time I pull out the nylon socks, literally everything that was stuck to the sock comes floating off and drifting away. If it actually held everything it caught when swapping them out, I would order more and live with a slightly dirty sump that I would have to clean every once in awhile.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2017, 10:25 PM   #402
ReefKeeper64
So it goes

Hopefully Klaus will be offering the real deal soon. With a 7 sock sump design, he made the best there is for such mechanical filtration. The RE socks just need to be brought up to that same level to match an otherwise awesome design.

ReefKeeper64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2017, 10:57 PM   #403
mike810
Registered Member

I have 13 socks. I would love me some felt for the second and third stage.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote