Reef Central Online Community
Neptune Systems

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 03/20/2016, 08:47 AM   #51
plyle02
Registered Member
 
plyle02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Helen, FL
Posts: 5,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
Now I need to go look up the prices and amounts of each of these to work out price differences between the pre made.
Michael,
I kind of figured the products were assembled this way. I will likely be using the pre-mixed to see how the tank reacts, but keep me posted on your findings should you gravitate towards the dry formula.
Thanks,


__________________
Perry

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, 250 watt SE Radium and Kessil A160WE
plyle02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2016, 01:20 PM   #52
MichaelW
Registered Member
 
MichaelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 1,062
To aquaforest rep,
If you mix your own with the dry kh, ca,mag,and mineral salts and add the components strong, do you end up with exactly the same product? And would it be more cost effective?


MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2016, 04:01 AM   #53
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor
 
Aquaforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 420
As You Can see in our Guide

There is few ways to dose Macro and Micro:





1 - Ca Plus, KH Plus, MG Plus (macro) + Component A, Component B, Component C(micro)
2 - Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Components Strong (micro)
3- Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Kalium, Iodum, Fluorine, Iron, Strontium, Micro E (micro)
4 - Component 1+2+3+

Every ways working the same - but Aquarist should find comfortable products for self


Regards,
Aquaforest


Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2016, 09:59 AM   #54
Tweaked
FUP&A Member
 
Tweaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Madison, CT
Posts: 7,723
Shouldn't option "1" also include Kalium for others looking at options? This confused me at first as I did not see that either three of the components ABC contained Kalium, so I am balling it manually.


__________________
DSA 105 Pro, Cebu Sun-Radiums-M80 Ballasts, 4 T5's, XHO LEDs. Through Wall 55g Sump, 10g Frag and 29g Display attached, Vertex V6, 3 mp40's, Gyre, 2 mp10's, GFO, Carbon, Pellets - 10g Bar Tank
Tweaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2016, 11:36 AM   #55
MichaelW
Registered Member
 
MichaelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 1,062
So option 2 produces the exact same as option 4? I have option 4 being delivered today but when I have used it up I may do option 2 if it is the same but costs less.


MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2016, 02:23 PM   #56
Marc11
Registered Member
 
Marc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Branford, CT
Posts: 1,121
So I run ABC with Kalk for Alk and Cal. Should I also be dosing Kalium? I was under the impression that all micronutrients were in ABC.


Marc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2016, 06:13 AM   #57
Tweaked
FUP&A Member
 
Tweaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Madison, CT
Posts: 7,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc11 View Post
So I run ABC with Kalk for Alk and Cal. Should I also be dosing Kalium? I was under the impression that all micronutrients were in ABC.
No, Kalium is not in ABC


__________________
DSA 105 Pro, Cebu Sun-Radiums-M80 Ballasts, 4 T5's, XHO LEDs. Through Wall 55g Sump, 10g Frag and 29g Display attached, Vertex V6, 3 mp40's, Gyre, 2 mp10's, GFO, Carbon, Pellets - 10g Bar Tank
Tweaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2016, 09:02 AM   #58
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor
 
Aquaforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
So option 2 produces the exact same as option 4? I have option 4 being delivered today but when I have used it up I may do option 2 if it is the same but costs less.
Yes.
2=4


Aquaforest


Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2016, 09:27 AM   #59
mordibv
Registered Member
 
mordibv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
So option 2 produces the exact same as option 4? I have option 4 being delivered today but when I have used it up I may do option 2 if it is the same but costs less.

Sent u a PM . Didn't want to derail the thread .


__________________
It's hard to take advice from those who do not show the fruits of their labor .

Current Tank Info: No tank ATM
mordibv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2016, 09:41 AM   #60
Magem
Registered Member
 
Magem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Yes.

2=4





Aquaforest

In relation with option 2, Where can I find the quantity of grams and ml of each product to mix with RO water and prepare the three components? Thanks !


Magem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2016, 10:07 AM   #61
elviraveloz
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 447
Every container comes with written insert with instruction in like six different languages.


elviraveloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2016, 11:57 AM   #62
MichaelW
Registered Member
 
MichaelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 1,062
I started the dosing of component 1+ 2+ 3+ a few days ago. I started at 180ml per day of each. I think I am now close to the correct dosage at 230ml of each. My levels have dropped of course while trying to find the correct dose so will be bringing them back up with standard buffers etc. I think I may have to dose a little more but not much to maintain my desired parameters.
It is quite a lot of dosage compared to what I was doing before so the containers won't last long. Next time I will buy the bulk powders and components strong and mix a large amount myself.


MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2016, 01:57 PM   #63
Magem
Registered Member
 
Magem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by elviraveloz View Post
Every container comes with written insert with instruction in like six different languages.

Thanks!!


Magem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2016, 07:23 PM   #64
MichaelW
Registered Member
 
MichaelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 1,062
I have ordered and received all products needed to make version 2 above, however the magnesium buffer was back ordered and will not arrive for a while. My question is would it be fine to make the balling solutions just without the magnesium and use this untill the mag buffer arrives? Or would it cause a problem?


MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2016, 06:04 AM   #65
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor
 
Aquaforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I have ordered and received all products needed to make version 2 above, however the magnesium buffer was back ordered and will not arrive for a while. My question is would it be fine to make the balling solutions just without the magnesium and use this untill the mag buffer arrives? Or would it cause a problem?
If You have Components1+2+3+ for now so I recommend to wait for everything. If You haven't anything to dose then You Can prepare Balling without magnesium.

Regards,
Aquaforest


Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2016, 09:06 AM   #66
MichaelW
Registered Member
 
MichaelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 1,062
I have used up all my comp 1+ 2+ 3+. I will mix a small amount without mag and hope it arrives soon


MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2016, 02:02 AM   #67
aShF
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
Hi,

How are people dosing these into the tank(I know with a doser), do you dose all 3 at the same time or 30min/1hour gaps between each of them? How many doses over 24hrs?

Thanks


aShF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2016, 07:58 AM   #68
nemodan
Registered Member
 
nemodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Westford, MA
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
As You Can see in our Guide

There is few ways to dose Macro and Micro:





1 - Ca Plus, KH Plus, MG Plus (macro) + Component A, Component B, Component C(micro)
2 - Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Components Strong (micro)
3- Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Kalium, Iodum, Fluorine, Iron, Strontium, Micro E (micro)
4 - Component 1+2+3+

Every ways working the same - but Aquarist should find comfortable products for self


Regards,
Aquaforest

Hi

From the quoted posting I understand that IF I USE COMPONENT A + B + C with my dosing method I will be near with what it is achieved if I use the Balling system 1+2+3........ correct ?


I am using B-ionic (1 and 2) for dosing. It is an equilibrated 2 part dosing system (alk and Ca).

I do have a DOS Neptune dosing system that has only 2 pumps. Buying a new dosing system with 3 pumps it will be expensive (~ $300-$450).

Also my system is equilibrated,as it is today in Ca, Alk and Mg. I replenish Mg with 15% Water Changes every weekend.

Being said all these, I am still having issues to keep a nicely loaded tank with SPS.

I am missing something that my WC are not able to replenish enought. I am using Reef Crystal Salts.

So, I thought that instead of jumping to the Balling system and expend a lot of money in new dosing pumps, I can add the components A, B and C and continue with my dosing system.


What do you think ?

Thank you !!
Daniel


nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2016, 08:45 AM   #69
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!
 
mhucasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Hi

From the quoted posting I understand that IF I USE COMPONENT A + B + C with my dosing method I will be near with what it is achieved if I use the Balling system 1+2+3........ correct ?


I am using B-ionic (1 and 2) for dosing. It is an equilibrated 2 part dosing system (alk and Ca).

I do have a DOS Neptune dosing system that has only 2 pumps. Buying a new dosing system with 3 pumps it will be expensive (~ $300-$450).

Also my system is equilibrated,as it is today in Ca, Alk and Mg. I replenish Mg with 15% Water Changes every weekend.

Being said all these, I am still having issues to keep a nicely loaded tank with SPS.

I am missing something that my WC are not able to replenish enought. I am using Reef Crystal Salts.

So, I thought that instead of jumping to the Balling system and expend a lot of money in new dosing pumps, I can add the components A, B and C and continue with my dosing system.


What do you think ?

Thank you !!
Daniel
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.


__________________
- Matt
I call the big one "Bitey" - Homer Simpson

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 96 and 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire tanks back to back. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 2 6X39W Sunpowers
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2016, 10:10 AM   #70
nemodan
Registered Member
 
nemodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Westford, MA
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhucasey View Post
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.
Thank you Matt for your answer and advice !!!!

For more that I tried I couldn't fine any reference of what it is in the B-ionic bottles , beside bicarbonate and Ca. I hate myself for not being able to find any details about the B-ionic.

As I was reading this thread I though that I could manage to add once a week the A, B and C components to the tank, to supplement whatever the Reef Crystal mix isn't able to supplement.

My LFS suggested me to add the "strong components A,B and C " to my B-ionic and I said NO !!!! (That was 2 weeks ago).

Reading this thread I realized that there are also big bottles of the components A, B and C , that is suggested to be used at least once a week. I said to myself " I can do that, when I am back home, once a week, I can add a little if those components to the tank manually".

If I understand correctly Matt, you do NOT SUGGEST to add components A, B and C in ANY of the suggested ways. OR you are refering only to the "component strong ".

In other words : if I add, once a week, as suggested by AF, manually, components A, B, C to my tank, could be an issue because I am already using b-Ionic that have some of those components ?

Cheers ...... and THANK YOU !!!! As always for you impute.

Daniel

BTW: I have 2 BRS dosing pumps, that I replaced with the DOS Apex system, connected and programed to my Apex, and not not in use now. I am afraid of using one of them to pump the same volume as the DOS because at the end I will not be sure ever if the 3 pumps are dosing what they have to dose.



Last edited by nemodan; 04/18/2016 at 10:17 AM.
nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2016, 10:46 AM   #71
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!
 
mhucasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Thank you Matt for your answer and advice !!!!

For more that I tried I couldn't fine any reference of what it is in the B-ionic bottles , beside bicarbonate and Ca. I hate myself for not being able to find any details about the B-ionic.

As I was reading this thread I though that I could manage to add once a week the A, B and C components to the tank, to supplement whatever the Reef Crystal mix isn't able to supplement.

My LFS suggested me to add the "strong components A,B and C " to my B-ionic and I said NO !!!! (That was 2 weeks ago).

Reading this thread I realized that there are also big bottles of the components A, B and C , that is suggested to be used at least once a week. I said to myself " I can do that, when I am back home, once a week, I can add a little if those components to the tank manually".

If I understand correctly Matt, you do NOT SUGGEST to add components A, B and C in ANY of the suggested ways. OR you are refering only to the "component strong ".

In other words : if I add, once a week, as suggested by AF, manually, components A, B, C to my tank, could be an issue because I am already using b-Ionic that have some of those components ?

Cheers ...... and THANK YOU !!!! As always for you impute.

Daniel

BTW: I have 2 BRS dosing pumps, that I replaced with the DOS Apex system, connected and programed to my Apex, and not not in use now. I am afraid of using one of them to pump the same volume as the DOS because at the end I will not be sure ever if the 3 pumps are dosing what they have to dose.
AFs Naming is confusing, that is part of the problem.
B-ionic 2-part contains the same elements that are in "Components A, B, and C" I wouldn't dose them together with B-ionic as you would be doubling up on trace elements.
"Components Strong A, B, C, and K(I said D above, its K)" are used to make up classic 3-part Balling.
I find the BRS pumps to be extremely reliable and accurate, you would obviously dose for a different duration than the DOS pump. You can check the accuracy of the BRS pump by letting it pump into a container for 10 minutes and then measuring the volume and dividing by 10.

B-ionic is supposed to be amazing stuff that will do it all with only two parts. I did not find that to be true. For the cost savings and stability I much preferred Baking soda and Calcium Carbonate(Randy's 2-part).


__________________
- Matt
I call the big one "Bitey" - Homer Simpson

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 96 and 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire tanks back to back. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 2 6X39W Sunpowers
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 04:12 AM   #72
tangens
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Hi.

I run the Zeovit method using the calcium reactor with Ca, Kh - coral gravel + Mg media inside it.
Tell me please, can I use your - Aquaforest balling method in my Zeovit system.
If so, what is the recommended kit of Aquaforest products I should use.

Thank you,
Alex.


tangens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 07:27 AM   #73
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor
 
Aquaforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangens View Post
Hi.

I run the Zeovit method using the calcium reactor with Ca, Kh - coral gravel + Mg media inside it.
Tell me please, can I use your - Aquaforest balling method in my Zeovit system.
If so, what is the recommended kit of Aquaforest products I should use.

Thank you,
Alex.
Hello,
In our display Tank we dose Component1+2+3+ with Calcium Reactor but this is Big tank with Big corals colonies.
Do You need to dose Ca,KH,Mg extra?


Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 08:37 AM   #74
tangens
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Hello,
In our display Tank we dose Component1+2+3+ with Calcium Reactor but this is Big tank with Big corals colonies.
Do You need to dose Ca,KH,Mg extra?
Hi.

Thank you for your response!

Inside the first chamber of the reactor, I use the coral grave (by KZ).
Inside the second chamber (the small on), I use magnesium media (dolomite by KZ).
I hold the ph level inside the calcium reactor on 6.5.

My parameters are:
Ca 410 (normal)
dKh 8.3 (slightly high)
Mg 1245 (low)

If I try to decrease the dKh level, my ph drops down to 7.6 (day) and 7.4 night. Then the low ph stimulating the algae.

So I have the several questions for you, please:

1. Which media do you recommend to use in my calcium reactor?
2. What is preferable to run Balling or Calcium reactor, in case the both SEPARATELY can supply the demands of my SPS corals?
3. Can I use your Component1+2+3+ instead my calcium reactor and continue to run the Zeovit system? I mean, can it be the overdose or collision using the Component1+2+3+ elements with ZeoVit products?

Thank you!
Alex.


tangens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2016, 02:50 AM   #75
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor
 
Aquaforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 420
First of all You should know what contains Your products of another brand then AF.
We explain You everything of our products but it will be good to know what are You dosing to Your tank to not double dosage.

If Your Calcium reactor fill doesn't contains microelements You can dose that separately:
Iodum, Valium, Fluorine, Iron, Micro E, Strontium or by Component A, Component B, Component C,

I You will choose balling You Can find few ways to dose macro (Ca,KH,MG) and Micro:


Component 1+2+3+ contains macro (Ca,KH,MG) and Microelements. This is full set - ready to use formula for growth and coloration.


Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014