Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/26/2016, 03:42 PM   #1
MarkW64
Registered Member

My Part 1 live Pukani from TBS

Absolutely love my live Pukani from the rock Richard collected (and posted pictures of) on April 13, and I recieved on the 15th! I've been wanting to post a few pictures, but I've never done that before so had to find time to figure out how. I'll attempt a single picture first:

Here's a quick shot of one of the large pieces right when I first opened the bag. Notice the amazing structure of this Pukani -- absolutely full of caves and tunnels, which in turn are full of critters.

Unread 04/26/2016, 03:47 PM   #2
MarkW64
Registered Member

awesome -- it worked! Now I guess I need to experiment with reducing the size of my photos a bit...

Unread 04/26/2016, 03:52 PM   #3
liverock
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW64 View Post
awesome -- it worked! Now I guess I need to experiment with reducing the size of my photos a bit...
Pics look good...welcome to real live rock!

you ain't seen nothing yet...was diving yesterday...the rock I got is insane!

and you are ready for part two...lets rock!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2016, 04:12 PM   #4
MarkW64
Registered Member

My tank is probably ready for part two (ammonia never went above .2!). But I really want my kids involved in unpacking the next shipment so probably need to wait until end of next week. (I'll Be in touch Richard.). I could love this hobby all by myself, but sharing it with my three kids, not to mention a reasonably interested wife, takes it to a another level!

Unread 04/26/2016, 05:01 PM   #5
liverock
RC Sponsor

Kids are the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW64 View Post
My tank is probably ready for part two (ammonia never went above .2!). But I really want my kids involved in unpacking the next shipment so probably need to wait until end of next week. (I'll Be in touch Richard.). I could love this hobby all by myself, but sharing it with my three kids, not to mention a reasonably interested wife, takes it to a another level!
Welcome to real live rock and sand...when you start with real live rock..and sand...makes all the difference. Most of my peeps have the same cycle experience as yours.....there is no cycle when the rock and sand is alive...as it is "already cycled" or a better term is really alive...so you have no water chemistry issues...usually takes a week...and we send Part two of the Package...

That is really neat...as the kids of today will be the stewards of our oceans tomorrow....and we all know we can use all the help in that endeavor.
Seems the family's of my customers always get involved when there is really something alive on the rock to look at........is a new search everyday....for life..

Sent some neat stuff up to some kids a week ago...school in Ohio.....what you hear back from the kids is really amazing.....wonderment ....those of us who have ocean experience are really spoiled...considering all the folks that are landlocked...and never seen saltwater....when they do...is magical...
check this out..is in their library...but when I look at the cam...is always the teachers hovering around the tank.... lol

http://www.polandbulldogs.com/4/News....PpDHvbbD.dpbs

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2016, 06:39 PM   #6
MarkW64
Registered Member

Now that I've figured out posting pictures here are a few closer-up shots giving an idea of the diversity on this rock: covered in tunicates, sponges, coralline, barnacles, worms, anemones, sea squirts, bi-valves, etc. No other way to start a reef IMO. (sorry for the less than great iphone pics -- add another thing to my to-do list: "learn how to use my digital SLR to take good reef pics. ).