Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/16/2016, 01:48 PM   #1
carlosmos
Registered Member

Need to add Pro Bio S at low nutrients level?

Hello,

My question is if necessary to still adding Pro bio S when we have the target no3 and po4 values?

I don't want to have a ULNS (was not a good idea with my last experience with Zeovit), and I prefer to have some nutrients like now, NO3 at 1.0 and PO4 at 0.03.

With this level of nutrients, I must still adding Pro Bio S and his carbon source every day? only some days? never if the values not increase?

thanks
Carlos

carlosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2016, 02:22 PM   #2
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosmos View Post
Hello,

My question is if necessary to still adding Pro bio S when we have the target no3 and po4 values?

I don't want to have a ULNS (was not a good idea with my last experience with Zeovit), and I prefer to have some nutrients like now, NO3 at 1.0 and PO4 at 0.03.

With this level of nutrients, I must still adding Pro Bio S and his carbon source every day? only some days? never if the values not increase?

thanks
Carlos
Thanks Carlos,
If you have a way of keeping nutrients low, without using bacteria and carbon source, you can still use some of the AF supplements, minerals, and trace minerals available. You could use Aminomix, Energy, Vitality, and Build. There is a balling lite version for AF encompassing all the trace minerals in addition to alk, ca, and mag. There is Phos Minus, like gfo to reduce PO4 in the aquarium. Running the Probiotic system is intended to use with the Aminomix, Energy, Vitality, and Build, plus in addition the Coral Food. This way fish can be fed heavily, and these supplements used, while maintaining ULNS. The system does not have the same requirements other Probiotic based systems, it is rather gentle

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2016, 01:05 AM   #3
carlosmos
Registered Member

Thank you Perry,

My question was more focused if I must avoid the carbon source at this nutrients level or not?

I don't want to arrive at 0 no3 and 0 po4....

Thanks and sorry for my english...

Unread 05/17/2016, 04:54 AM   #4
plyle02
Registered Member

Carlos, some do decrease NP Pro if they see 0.00 on NO3, and some simply feed more like myself to fish. Using the Aminomix, Vitality, and Energy help to keep the corals glowing even in the lowest of nutrients. So it is not to be a system like others which can be very harsh on corals, AF is rather gentle as compared, in my experience. With running these supplements, and feeding my hungry anthias frozen 3 times per day, I still maintain 0.00PO4 and I range between 2-5ppm with NO3. It is up to you, you can back off dosing, or simply feed more foods to corals and fish. Like with everything, take it slow, start with 1/2 doses, and most importantly....Observe

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2016, 11:10 AM   #5
carlosmos
Registered Member

Thank you for the info, you are right