Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/03/2016, 08:26 AM   #26
GalHill
Registered Member

Video of the wrasses loving masstick food. Great choice of food especially for wrasses. I also think my yellow tail is too fascinated by its own reflection...not stop up and down...maybe adding another wouldn't be such a bad idea. I also think my mystery wrasse is obsessed with the red lined wrasse which is transitioning into a male

https://youtu.be/pwhcS5Nx334

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GalHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2016, 04:42 PM   #27
GalHill
Registered Member

By a bit pre occupied at the moment due to the addition of 2 puppies but had some time for a few top down snaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 11/17/2016, 04:43 PM   #28
GalHill
Registered Member

Unread 11/21/2016, 02:09 PM   #29
MrDaniel
Registered Member

Very cool progression photos. I like the aquascape a lot. Do you have any updated full tank shots from the front?

MrDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2016, 03:16 PM   #30
GalHill
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniel View Post
Very cool progression photos. I like the aquascape a lot. Do you have any updated full tank shots from the front?

Thank you. Here is a FTS when the lights were going towards night mode

Unread 10/28/2017, 01:04 PM   #31
mirkus
Registered Member

Any updates?

mirkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2017, 02:02 PM   #32
GalHill
Registered Member

A lot has changed since that update almost a year ago. Here is a video I created back in August and some has still changed since then. Watch in HD

https://youtu.be/lFD-8CmxA8E

And this is a resent FTS with some a pic of each island
not the best photos as they are a bit dark and was late at night.

Gareth

Unread 11/05/2017, 06:42 AM   #33
GalHill
Registered Member

Been a while since an update and a lot has changed since then. Over the last 6 months i started to notice a decline in my LPS and my duncan slowly receeded which i had gron from 2 heads into about 80. One evening my gyre 150 stopped woring so i invetigated it further and pulled the magnet out the motor. Low and behold the magnet had split and was the likely causes to the loss of LPS and also reccession on the baases of some of my SPS. Luckily the pump was still in warrenty so i got a replacement one sent in the post and the tank is finally starting to look good again although some SPS are still showing signss of waater imbalance. Below are some pics of the magent

Corals lost to date include red trachy, purple hammers, duncan, acropora elegans and a millipora. Since replacing the pump i noticed the start of new SPS growth instantly
I have alos purchased a male pencil wrasse which has added some new colour to the tank and I did purchase a female as well but havent seen it for over a week. My params are still trying to balance out and readings as of yesterday were the following:

Alk 7.3
Calc 450
Mag 1350
Nitrate 2.5
Phos 0.06-0.08 (was a it shocked this was high and this could also be adding to some SPS base stripping - I have recently been using a bt of goniopower and continuum coral exponential which may have added to this rise however this was the first reading i have taken for a while so i cant put the blame soley on this.
PH 8.0 - however when i tessted in the morn it was 7.6! so i need to try and manage this swing a little better. I am also raising my alk to compensate for the lower PH

Some photos of the tank to follow...

Unread 11/05/2017, 06:51 AM   #34
GalHill
Registered Member

Unread 11/05/2017, 06:52 AM   #35
GalHill
Registered Member

Unread 11/05/2017, 06:54 AM   #36
GalHill
Registered Member

I have also changed my radion schedule to more blue to see the affects on coral colour and growth Thanks for looking. Need a DSLR really to get some decent shots.