Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/27/2016, 03:59 PM   #1
onebberr
Registered Member

Dragon moray in a 6ft 125 gallon

Hello everyone
I started this post in the wrong forum😬
I am looking for some real world experience with keeping Dragon morays together E.Paradalis. I currently have a small 18" Hawaiian variation in a 6ft 125 gallon. The eel shares the tank with 6 damsels and a handful of cleaner shrimp.
Well like many I could not resist a recent opportunity to purchase another juvenile 18" dragon. My plan is to have a custom 240gal 4X4x2 cube tank made within the next year. I am extremely passionate about these morays and have always dreamed of having a pair.
Current Set up is a 125 72x 18x 24
30 gallon sump
Large skimmer
And a fluval 406 canister with Chemi pure

Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated

onebberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 09:58 PM   #2
golferbud101691
Registered Member

I'll take a stab. I don't have experience with dragons, but I believe you have surpassed the accpetance range of another dragon if yours is currently 18". From everything I've heard about them, they are an easy 36" specimen and reach that size easily in captivity. Honestly a 240 cube may be a little cramped if your current one doesn't accept a tank mate. I would almost suggest getting a pair of exactly what you want once you build the 240.

golferbud101691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2016, 12:58 AM   #3
onebberr
Registered Member

Thank you for the advice.

onebberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2016, 08:49 AM   #4
andregarcia_73
Registered Member

Ive seen multiple specimens kept together but they were introduced together and were brought in about 15" in a 400 cube.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

andregarcia_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2016, 04:11 PM   #5
soteroffice
Registered Member

I like the idea about getting a dragon moray, they have always seemed like cool fish to me and I appreciate you getting them. I think that if you are going to get more tank mates, (I probably wouldn't) I think that you definitely should get something like a shark or ray. They are too big for the eel to eat and if the eel is smart, he won't mess with them.

soteroffice is offline   Reply With Quote