Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/02/2017, 01:35 AM   #1
sean357
Registered Member

MP40 Permanent Stall

One of my two MP 40 W's is apparently in a permanent red/green blinking stall mode. I tried switching wetsides with my other one and it didn't fix it, also tried tightening or loosening the nut after a vinegar bath. I did a hard restart as well (which took some time as the buttons on the controller are a bit hard to actuate). I bought both of them when the price dropped a couple years ago but thought they would last longer than this. Can't figure out if I need a new wetside, controller, or dry side. Any advice or help would be appreciated, I'd be happy to buy whichever piece has gone bad but can not isolate it to do that. I love these pumps but for the three hundred dollars or so I spent for each I expected them to last longer than typical power heads. Any advice on how to fix them would be appreciated.

sean357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2017, 01:30 PM   #2
sean357
Registered Member

Can the new QD controllers be used on the older pumps by any chance? - they are sold locally and from my research that could be the problem. If not it looks like its a dry-side problem.

Unread 01/05/2017, 02:30 PM   #3
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

sean,

If you have EcoSmart VorTechs, you can purchase a new QuietDrive controller. That said, I would recommend having your pump sent in for repair. Please go to http://ecotechmarine.com/support/request-service/ and fill out our Return Materials Authorization form to receive the necessary email and other information you need to send in your product in for service.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2017, 06:50 PM   #4
sean357
Registered Member

Thanks Alex, just filled out the form and will follow the steps.

Sean

Unread 01/06/2017, 09:44 PM   #5
sean357
Registered Member

In the mail today, RMA#: 100075. Hoping for a successful and not crazy expensive outcome but the fact that Ecotech products can be sent off to repair compared to most pumps which are just throwaways shows the quality and the fact that they stand behind their product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean357 View Post
Thanks Alex, just filled out the form and will follow the steps.

Sean

Unread 01/12/2017, 10:14 PM   #6
sean357
Registered Member

Got a call today from EcoTech (same day the pump arrived at their location), they had already tested the pump and identified the problem as two bad components. They normally charge $50 per component but since they thought one components failure had likely caused the other ones' they told me they would only charge me for one but would replace both. Even shaved a couple bucks off shipping to make it an even $60. Had it back in the mail to me today. Amazing customer service and just reinforces the quality of these pumps!