Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2017, 08:44 AM   #1
Chasityh75
Registered Member

So thrilled with TBS!!

Hi, just wanted to make a quick post to brag about my experience with live rock from Richard at TBS. I am absolutely floored that I placed my order around 11am and in literally 6 hours later I had it in my tank in Greenville SC!! The live rock is absolutely gorgeous, he sent some interesting pieces. He also sent an extra surprise anemone! The two sponges are beautiful as well. Everything I ordered was in great shape and I couldn't be happier. I will definitely order from TBS again! Thanks again so much, Richard!
P.S. A quick question, in the pictures I'm attaching, are these two aiptasia? If so, I'm going to have to dispatch these in short order lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0491.jpg (68.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0492.jpg (80.5 KB, 101 views)
Chasityh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Jessie2406
Registered Member

I don't think so but I'm no expert

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jessie2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2017, 11:31 AM   #3
liverock
RC Sponsor

We don't get the invasive type aptasia here in the gulf of mexico. They are look alike, but will not multiply as the indo pacific aptasia do. Try feeding them a bit of raw shrimp...they like that!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Chasityh75
Registered Member

Whew!! Ok good! I thought they were pretty anyway, and didn't want to have to remove them. Thanks!

Chasityh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2017, 08:05 PM   #5
rsepiphyte
Registered Member

Good to know.

rsepiphyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2017, 08:49 AM   #6
lmm1967
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasityh75 View Post
P.S. A quick question, in the pictures I'm attaching, are these two aiptasia? If so, I'm going to have to dispatch these in short order lol
I had a pretty good size one of those that seemed to be doing excellent. Was growing, extended every day, moved a little to a spot he apparently liked. Was feeding small piece of shrimp or scallop twice a week.

Somehow he completely disappeared over night one night. It was crazy - the thing was a good 3" tall and open and happy one evening and the next morning - POOF - never to be seen again.

lmm1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2017, 07:28 AM   #7
jfabritz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmm1967 View Post
I had a pretty good size one of those that seemed to be doing excellent. Was growing, extended every day, moved a little to a spot he apparently liked. Was feeding small piece of shrimp or scallop twice a week.

Somehow he completely disappeared over night one night. It was crazy - the thing was a good 3" tall and open and happy one evening and the next morning - POOF - never to be seen again.
Same thing happened to me. He was small, but stuck around the same spot. Then one day disappeared!

I had a small cup coral on the back of a rock, so it was hard to see him, but could see his ball tipped arms swinging. I fed him some shrimp one evening and then haven't seen him since.

If he moved somewhere else, I have no idea where he went. Or he became food for one of the other tank inhabitants. Got the whole "Circle of Life" thing going on in my tank.

jfabritz is offline   Reply With Quote