Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Stolireef
Registered Member

Shout Out for Fusion

I know Fusion has been up and running for a while but it's new to me. I'm really impressed by the UI and the ability to easily run across multiple platforms. BTW, the update of the Apex was easy as pie.

Great Job Neptune.

Current Tank Info: 125 Rimless Leemar, Apex, Trigger 30 Elite Sump, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 X Gen4 Radion XR30W, BM Doser, 2xMP40WES, 2xTunze 6095, Sicce Syncra 4.0.
Stolireef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2017, 10:21 AM   #2
jacksonpt
Registered Member

I'll jump in here and agree with this. The interface on the display module can be a little wonky at times, but my firmware is several version old as I don't have a way to hardwire my Jr for an update... but the Fusion interface has served me VERY well from a variety of devices/OSs/platforms. I've been really impressed with the overall quality of Neptune's offerings.

Current Tank Info: 38g (mostly LPS) with a 20g sump/fuge and all the other standard goodies
jacksonpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2017, 10:24 AM   #3
Stolireef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonpt View Post
I'll jump in here and agree with this. The interface on the display module can be a little wonky at times, but my firmware is several version old as I don't have a way to hardwire my Jr for an update... but the Fusion interface has served me VERY well from a variety of devices/OSs/platforms. I've been really impressed with the overall quality of Neptune's offerings.
I have very solid WiFi in my house and did the update over WiFi with no issues whatsoever. I understand Neptune's warnings to the contrary but even Neptune (on there newest Apex) allows for WiFi updates. So long as your connection is stable and strong, I'd go for it without hesitation.

Current Tank Info: 125 Rimless Leemar, Apex, Trigger 30 Elite Sump, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 X Gen4 Radion XR30W, BM Doser, 2xMP40WES, 2xTunze 6095, Sicce Syncra 4.0.
Unread 03/10/2017, 12:17 PM   #4
jacksonpt
Registered Member

Cool, thanks for the note. Right now things are working fine for me, so I'll keep running as is. If I run into problems that seem to be firmware-related, I'll be less hesitant to update over wifi.

Current Tank Info: 38g (mostly LPS) with a 20g sump/fuge and all the other standard goodies
jacksonpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2017, 02:20 PM   #5
RussM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolireef View Post
I have very solid WiFi in my house and did the update over WiFi with no issues whatsoever. I understand Neptune's warnings to the contrary but even Neptune (on there newest Apex) allows for WiFi updates. So long as your connection is stable and strong, I'd go for it without hesitation.
The Apex (2016) and the Apex Classic models uses entirely different firmware update mechanisms. The warnings against having Wi-Fi anywhere in the path between the computer and an Apex Classic when doing a firmware update exist for good reasons. Your last sentence is not good advice.

RussM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2017, 07:47 AM   #6
Stolireef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM View Post
The Apex (2016) and the Apex Classic models uses entirely different firmware update mechanisms. The warnings against having Wi-Fi anywhere in the path between the computer and an Apex Classic when doing a firmware update exist for good reasons. Your last sentence is not good advice.
Fair enough. I was actually a little hesitant to post my comment. I don't have any information regarding the firmware update mechanisms and thus, I can't even attempt to counter your point. For geeks, it might be interesting to know the difference though.