Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Mason Dixon Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 06/13/2017, 10:32 AM   #1
csbrown2
Registered Member
 
csbrown2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mifflintown, PA
Posts: 3
New to Area

I recently moved to the area (about halfway between Harrisburg and State College) and I am getting tanks set up now that we have found a long term home.
Currently just have a 3 gallon JBJ cubey I just started (see pic below) and a 10 gallon frag tank to start growing corals.
Planning to build a 125 in my basement, but may have a 55 gallon intermediate tank at some point...will have to see what my wife let's me get away with.
Since I'm not familiar with resources around me I'd like to get some recommendations for LFS stores, experienced members in the area, etc that any of y'all are willing to share.
Pretty much anything from Williamsport to Lancaster would be about as far as I would want to go, but if possible I'd like to find resources between State College and Harrisburg.
Of course any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk


csbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2017, 02:18 PM   #2
JeffBoyRD
Registered Member
 
JeffBoyRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dillsburg, PA
Posts: 251
Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.


__________________
JeffBoyRD

Current Tank Info: Full of saltwater
JeffBoyRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2017, 02:12 PM   #3
csbrown2
Registered Member
 
csbrown2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mifflintown, PA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBoyRD View Post
Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.
I will do that...thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk


csbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 06:49 PM   #4
Jen0221
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 113
If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection


Jen0221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 07:11 PM   #5
csbrown2
Registered Member
 
csbrown2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mifflintown, PA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0221 View Post
If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection
ok...ive never been to reading but if I do I'll check it out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk


csbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2018, 11:52 AM   #6
PitViper
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 169
Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2018, 06:34 PM   #7
Mrs.Saltaholic
Registered Member
 
Mrs.Saltaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: York, Pa
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


id have to agree with you about That fish place. supplies yes, but not livestock. Unless they’re having one of their frag swaps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mrs.Saltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2022 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2022
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.