Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/10/2017, 10:06 PM   #1
elwormo
Registered Member

Hiding Skimmer and Heater

I have a Deep Blue 12x12x12 with a standard heater, Eschopps Skimmer and PH. Looks cluttered. Has anyone used a power filter or similar to hide items in a fuge / HOB container?

Thanks,
Brian

elwormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Send A Picture, I'm a visual man. Not off the Top of My Head, but Could Build Internal Overflow Box.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dirte_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Seen one Where Actual Wall was Thick Sponge and Powerhead Sprayed Over Top as Return. Theoretically, if Intakes Low and HOB, overflow back into tank outside Internal Overflow Box will work..

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dirte_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Diana A
Registered Member

silicon a cpr overflow box inside the tank. Place your skimmer intake(which will skim the top layer of water), heater, & filter intake in the box

https://www.marinedepot.com/CPR_RSS_...5-FIOF-vi.html

Unread 09/15/2017, 09:31 AM   #5
ReeferJody
Registered Member

I am just starting a 7.5 nano and have seen others using a HOB aquaclear and customizing them with their filtration preferences and even adding a small protein skimmer. Was thinking about going that route myself. You can even modify it with a surface skimmer. I will probably make a skimmer box for the filter myself since most I've seen are outrageously priced for what they are. I am on a tight budget with mine as I am saving to go up to a 20 or 30 gallon as soon as I can. Had a successful 55 gallon 20 years ago and am just returning to the hobby.

ReeferJody is offline   Reply With Quote